1. This forum is in read-only mode.

People trying to act...Modish?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by j c 2000, Dec 2, 2010.

1. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

Seriously some people are trying to act like a mods.Like just yesterday I saw someone saying something to a users who posted about game help in the technical help section.So the one of the users in the thread said to the other user he should have put it into the ROM request section.When he was asking for help in a game.It is not that I am jealous.But it just ticks me off also that they are giving out the wrong information.It seems like they want to be important.What are your guy's thoughts?I would also like to mention that I do not mean exactly a mod but they state the wrong information boldly...like a mod would post it.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

backseat moderating is frowned upon and will be dealt with, but suggesting people should have posted in a different board is fine providing its done in a civil way. If someone posts incorrect information, then feel free to correct them, but again, be civil.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I sometimes do back seat moderating but after the warnings I hold myself back, I just report as much as I can.

4. tsubakix2

tsubakix2 Well-Known Member

Happens on every internet forum sadly. Keep your head up.D:

5. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

I don't think mods have the time or effort to go to round every mistake and taking the user what to do, so a bit of help shouldn't be bad, but if they are giving out wrong or bad information then this needs to be dealt with

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Users should not police each other, that is not a very friendly environment. If you feel a rule is being roke then use the report to moderator link at the bottom right of every single post.

7. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

I have never used 'Report to moderator' button since I feel like over such a small thing like giving out bad advice or telling a user which topic is correct is too small and would annoys mod/admin more then help

8. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

Well sometimes I say to people not to post their "AP" problems on certain game topics because I wanna help out the mods. Is this bad?

9. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

No everyone does that.That happens with almost every topic in the share section.

10. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Actually it doesn't matter :D It is not acting like mod. They do not give wrong information. They are just directing the user to a detailed place to post their thread ;D

11. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

I backseat moderated one time, was a long time ago (in a span of 1 year and two months, a "long time ago" would probably be about 5-6 months ago. I forgot.) and I got a warning (and, oddly, my first message)
    I feel like the "Report to moderator" button is only for serious offenses, but maybe that's just me.

12. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

This should be in site support. Consider all of yourselves warned.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Mis-posted messages can be reported, it keeps the forum clean.

14. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Unless they go into the game help section and into a topic asking for tips on how to defeat a boss, then direct the user to make a topic in the tutorials section.

15. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Using the report to mod button is recommended. You help in your own way and best of all, you aren't an ass in the conversation.