1. This forum is in read-only mode.

people eatinr deep fried fish that still alive.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Apollooo, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BYPuLnAscA

well, i dunno if that fish is really alive or just some nerve twitch when it was fried, but it's really cruel, if you just want to eat something just eat something just kill it instantly, not like this.

how would PETA react if they see this??

2. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

well... I've even heard of a gourmet sashimi consisting of alive shrimp. :)

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I really wouldn't care two hoots about what peta think, the best thing they could do for animals would be throw themselves in front of an express train.

4. Apollooo

it's just nasty..i would prefer my food dead, and well done, and i heard fish feel pain too, or 'sense' more exactly... like clams, and lobster cooking alive, but this is just more cruel...

5. Loonylion

it wont still be alive after deep frying.

6. Apollooo

if not it just would be nerves twitch, like you cut pig's head instantly (it's a culture from my country to cut pig's head, and tribute it to the spirits) the body is still running around a minute.
    maybe same thing happened to the fish too. they said it alive, but it might be just a "trick " to make fish look alive.

7. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

to tell you the truth, i could honestly care less.
    animals do these things all the time(eating them live), and we kill the dam things after raising them(slaughter house).
    painless or not, killing is cruel.
    religious, traditional, sacrificial, survival, whatever excuse you have doesn't change that fact.

i'm all for dead and fully cooked, but however people want to eat it is how they want to eat it as long as they're not pushing the damn thing in my face.

8. Loonylion

its not common for animals to eat other live animals. They generally kill the food first.

9. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

some do eat them alive though...

10. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

An excellent clip! How do they do that? half of it is cooked while the other half is still alive.
    How can it be deep fried and it still alive? Just amazing...

I feel sorry for the thing but i'm more curious on how it was done than being sorry...

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i've heard of that before......a friend of mine told me about a restaruant where they serve the fish while it's still alive............they cut out most of the organs in the belly of the fish and just leave the heart, lungs, brain, the essentials.....and they cook and serve them while the fish is still alive.

i wouldn't be surprised if the fish in that video were still alive.

i prefer to eat dead animals......not alive ones....but PETA isn't any concern to me...

pretty much!

12. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Same thing happens with chickens as well.

13. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

But when you cut off it's head, it doesn't feel pain anymore. Frying fish alive is just cruel, I'd like to do the same with those bastard cooks ...^-^

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Fish apparently can't feel pain. They can show signs of discomfort, but they don't feel pain.

I say apparently because this topic is still just a theory and still being debated about.

15. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

We can wait until they deep fry a live chicken then we all will have something to talk/raise hell about.

16. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

okay this is stupid... alive FRIED FISH ? hmm weird... its like 250 Celsius in the boiling oil,dammit! i hate you ... (lol,random word...dont take it seriously)

17. Apollooo

but still as i said we don't know that fish is really alive or just because immidiate frying and cutting makes nervous system twitch and make the mouth moves, just like you grilling prawns, after death if you grill it it's still moves becasue of the heat affecting theirs nervous system

18. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

what? nobody poked the eye while watching it? then its not that cruel...

19. Apollooo

now that's cruel... lol

20. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

so people fried fish while they are still alive.... big deal.... back then i help my granma beheaded a chicken alive (that was the easy part, the feather part is hellish)..... in fact i kill alot of animal soon to be food when i was a kid.

anyway I am a member of PETA myself, People Eat Tasty Animal.