1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pectoral muscle / chest work out problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kukuru, Jun 14, 2011.

1. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

I am working out on my chest, with push ups (as I don't have the equipment to do bench press).
    But, when I do the wide grip push ups, it didn't satisfy me; as the day after, only some part of my chest felt the effect because of the work out.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/860/dh97ar17.png

>This diagram shows the area on my chest that doesn't feel the effect of push ups.
    So, could you suggest a type of work out that doesn't need equipments but will work the area of muscle I highlighted in the diagram?
    Please, provide me with the solution. Thanks. :)

2. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

I. ..musn't...troll...

aargh D:

3. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

What an ugly body.

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

This is a joke right? Haha for a minute there I thought you wanted a good body just by doing push ups.
    There's tons of different exercises for the chest - incline/decline, fly press, wide/narrow grip, combinations of fly and incline/decline they all do different parts of the muscle, get to a gym.

5. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

You'll need to add some variety to you regime.

Hmm how can I explain this, there's one exercise I usually do when my equipment is folded up.

I'll post an image.

[​IMG]

It's aimed at your triceps, but you can also use it to do elevated push ups.

I'm no gym expert though...

6. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

Body weight regime is the only option for me. :/

Could you suggest a few good work out, the one you suggested is pretty good. My triceps is very sore now. XD

7. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

It seems the sombrero portion of your chest is lacking a proper workout. I prescribe the creation of Mexican food to fully integrate those muscles into your daily life.

8. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

lol, i think it is more penis like.

Any real suggestion guys?

9. msg2009

Try doing a handstand against a wall and doing push ups vertically.

10. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Anything else?

11. msg2009

Just google, we don't do anything without weights because its a waste, you could be working twice as hard.
    Here top of the google list: http://www.unique-bodyweight-exercises.com/index.html

12. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

Still better than nothing, thank you for this. ^^

13. usernameladiesman217

You could do pull ups, depending on your weight they could be relatively effective.

I'm skinny though so it's not really hard for me.

I used to tie a belt to a 10kg weight and then to my waist, then do pull ups like that... till the belt snapped and I almost lost a toe. Since then I been sitting on my ass eating potato chips.

Edit: but then again this isn't exactly aimed at chest/pectoral.

14. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

wait, how about trapezius?

15. usernameladiesman217

Lol, I'll be honest I had to google that. I could think of some exercises that utilize that muscle/musclegroup but they all require weights of some sort.

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Thing about 'pull ups', or 'chin ups' as they're usually called, is you need some sort of equipment to do it (usually a bar screwed into a doorframe)

17. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

I'll try shrugging. Have no idea WSE how that could target the traps.

That should be no problem.
    I'll conquer the playground and get rid of all the kids.

18. usernameladiesman217

It's true, I made my own with an old bicycle bar and a chain attached to the roof of our garage. The chain is wrapped around a giant "2x4" for lack of better term. It's not stable and quite possible to swing back and forth, but eh, whatever uses more muscle groups right?

19. manjithxxx

manjithxxx Well-Known Member

The best exercise which targets those areas is probably the diamond push-up. To do a diamond push up all you have to do is to make a 'diamond' with your hands i.e join the forefingers and thumbs and you'll see what I mean. Do 3 or 4 sets of 12-20 reps and add 1 minute breaks between each set. On the last set, push it to the max. Just google diamond push-ups and you'll get more information

20. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Try push ups or pull-ups... and a little bit of squatting will also help to keep in fit.. but my best bet is yoga.. check some basic yoga poses on youtube... i bet it will be really helpful.