1. This forum is in read-only mode.

pda nightmare

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by equitypetey, Jun 10, 2008.

1. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

hey guys i know a few of you have and like you pds's and i need some help.
    soon i'll be in full time work and depending on the job i might need to meet lots of people and have lots of meetings and i have a memory like a bucket with an enormouse hole in.
    i don't want to carry a massive diary around with me and i need a new phone so i was thinkin of getting a mobile/pda

got any suggestions?

all i need it to have a good diary/organizer/calender thing be able to make calls using my current sim card and maybe a bit of gps. oh and if it can replace my dying mp3 plaer that would be good too. i've been looking at the blackberry 8800

any thoughts please?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

What you want is a so-called 'smart phone'. PDAs in general don't make phone calls. There are actually a lot of smart phones now, the O2 XDA series immediately springs to mind, and Orange also have a similar device though I can't recall the name. Several of Nokia's N-series phones would also fit the bill.

3. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

mr lion i knew you'd be the one to come up trumps. had a look and the xda orbit looks to be perfect. thanks

all i need now is a job and some money

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The Nokia N95 (I think) is a great one, my distant uncle has it :)

5. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

It depend on what features you want. If you just want a good PDA you should look into Blackberries/O2 (or even Palm....not). But if you want more multimedia functions, get something like an N95 or other high end phones.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Palm are good PDAs, but they are not suitable for equitypetey because they lack the phone function he specified.