1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PCSX2

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fennyariel, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

Could you guys please tell me what you think of it before I go through all the headaches of trying to get it to run right?

2. hen

hen Active Member

Well with the upcoming pcsx2 ver 0.97 I can say that the latest pcsx 2 version (0,96) already run some of ps2 titles amazingly. If you like 2 dimensional titles like tales of destiny, kof, or neo geo battle coliseum, the emu run at perfect 60 fps without lag. Final Fantasy series also works great here. On the other hand, three dimensional titles still run a bit slower (Maybe I need faster processor, correct me If I am wrong ;D). You can also check the official pcsx2 site (www.pcsx2.net) for compatibility issues

Since emulating is more resource demanding from installing official windows game, Your computer should have twice or even third the power of the original PS2 to run it perfectly

Here is my PC spec for your reference
    core2duo 7400 (min requirement for pcsx is core2duo 6600 i think)
    Ram 2 gig
    window$ vista ultimate Pack 1, Se7en ultimate N, and open SUSE 1.12
    (I haven't tried the linux version yet)

I hope this can give you some Insight before trying the emulator. I will help you as much as I can

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Preety much everything is said above, a high end pc is required...as well as bios.

Try torrent sites, try a 3 pack (nstc, pal, nstc-j) just incase some games don't work right with the currently equiped one.

THis emulator can infact use the real disc as well, but keep in mind it can't run ps1 games...just incase you weren't aware.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

The 0.9.6 version is more compatible with the high end PC,
    If yours is less than the requirements, try using r1888 version instead.

r1888 also support most of the geometrical games, like Persona, Star Ocean, and FM series.
    It also give some speed boost to the game with the right settings.

You may need to download a bios first, and get both versions.
    If you have some problem with the emulator settings, or need help with the game tweak,
    Request for help at here or at the main site.

Make sure your PC can at least support SSE2.

and it's obvious not to run PS1 games on PCSX2.
    Since its already has it own emulator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.