1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PCSX2 - Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+ Crashing

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Don9aldo, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem running KH2FM+ on PCSX2 0.9.7 Beta (I've also tried running it on the 0.9.6 release).

The problem is, in the Land of the Dragon's (Mulan's Land) right after a cutscene involving a talk with General Li, you recieve a map of the area; once I go past the "You got an item!" screen the emulator freezes up (Black screen appears) and gives this:

vtlb miss : addr 0x10FA02BC, mode 0 [read]

,message over and over again in the emulator console.

I'm running it on a laptop (a Dell Studio 15) which has no problem emulating other games at full speed and without any problems (KH2, Persona 3/4, Shadow of the Colossus).

My computer has:
    - Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) OS
    - 4GB RAM
    - Intel Core i5 CPU 2.27GHz
    - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 graphics card

I've tried the game both with and without speed hacks, the EE timing fix, and on native resolution; nothing makes a difference. Switching the Clamping/Rounding mode in the settings doesn't change anything either.

Help would be greatly appreciated, or if anyone has a game save which is somewhere after this point in the story that would also help.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Are you running the game through ISO, or Plugin?

Specifically which SVN was it? r3876?

3. Don9aldo

I'm running the game through an ISO and the SVN is r3113.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try running the game through Plugin, means either through DVD or virtual driver, set all the emulator configurations to default(no Speedhacks, etc)
    Disable any Patches, Clamping mode set to Normal for both EE and VU.
    Use the latest official SVN as well, r3876.

That error happen at some random point, mainly because of bad image file.

5. Don9aldo

Okay, thanks for the advice.
    I'll try running it on a virtual drive and get back to you.

*Edit* Running it on the virtual drive didn't work. It's probably a corrupt ISO so I'll try using a new one.