1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pcsx2 Configuration

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by yassine1, Aug 22, 2011.

1. yassine1

yassine1 Well-Known Member

Please i'm looking for a turorial which explains how to fully configure the ps2 emulator on pc, sound and graphics plugins, and how to run the controllers on ps2 emulator, I have the Usb Ucom joystick which i can't manage to run on the emulator, please help me at least with the joysticks, my pc recognizes them correctly, but they don't work with the pcsx2.
    Do i need a software to configure them? i'm running on windows 7. 8) please help :D :D

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

PCSX2 comes pretty much fully configured to run. Sound plugin doesn't need to be messed with, Graphics plugin only tweaked a little bit depending on the game you want to run. The only thing you need is a copy of the PS2 Bios and a game disc or image of a game disc.

To configure the controller, just go to the Configure Menu, Plugin/Bios selector. Select a plugin like the SSSPSX plugin. Click Configure. Press the button you want to configure on the screen, then press the button on your controller you want to assign it to. Repeat.

Your controller needs to be connected to your PC and fully installed/working before opening PCSX2, otherwise it may not recognize it.

The important questions to come later will be
    "What are your complete computer specs"

3. yassine1

THANK YOU SO MUCH I didn't understand how to configure the controllers before now it's clear it work thanks a lot!! I'm not worried about the efficienty of the emulator I got 4gb of ram memory and 1gb within the graphic memory, I think it's enough to make games work perfectly :D
    The only problem i got was with the controllers it's fixed now thanks again 8) :D !!!!!!!!

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

CPU speed is the main factor in emulation (multiple cores won't help) Some games may run better than others.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I believe PCSX2 is designed to use multiple cores. At least a dual core, maybe not a quad (if memory serves me right).

6. yassine1

I got a core I5, and 2.24GHZ, does this stuff do the job?

7. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Hardware requirements
    It will.But since it's only in the 2 range don't expect the best.My laptop's processor is a dual core at 3 GHz and even not all games run perfectly.Reasonably good to perfect speed in mostly 2D games and RPG's and fighting games.Others are a hit and miss.so yyeah PCSX2 makes even the most powerful computer crumble.....

8. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Well, with the latest SVN, you can now use more than 2 cores on PCSX2.