1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PCSP, how to work it?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by That guy in the Corner, Sep 3, 2012.

1. That guy in the Corner

That guy in the Corner Active Member

I resently downloaded the PSP emulator PCSP, the "best" one from emulator-zone.com, Romulation's recommended Emulator site. However, I can not see to find a Readme or other Instructions in the Download. Does anyone know how to work it (or if it really is the "best"?)

2. serhat359

serhat359 Well-Known Member

The best doesn't mean it's good. I used the java version of it and it was extremelt slow... And I have a decent PC for the record.

3. That guy in the Corner

lol, True, having a heck of a time with it myself trying to get it to work. Are there any Alternatives?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

java is horribly slow, that was probably half the problem.

5. serhat359

Oh, I didn't know that.

To make it work, you need to put your psp rom into the umd folder.

6. That guy in the Corner

Any info on how to get PCSP (downloaded from emulator-zone.com not sure if thats the "Java" version or not) to work? I DID find a "Manual" in the files (for some reason my comp did not download it the first time), but all that does is explain what the buttons DO, not how to really WORK it.

What I've been doing to try and get it to work that has not worked so far is open up the ROM (more specifically this one http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=49245.0) with the "Open UDM" menu (Open File does not show the ROM), and then hitting Run. which causes nothing to happen.
    Post Merge: [time]1346696139[/time]
    dang it, see, the "Manual" said nothing about a UDM FOLDER. Where is it? I'm not seeing it.

7. serhat359

My bad, java version had a umd folder so I thought the other would do as well. If nothing happens when you hit run, then there is nothing you can do.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

emulators often need a bios image before they'll do anything

9. That guy in the Corner

>_< still confused lol sorry, if the Emulator did not come with the bios, and the ROM did not, where do I get it then?

10. serhat359

I don't think this one needs a bios.

11. That guy in the Corner

lol, how do I get it to work then?

12. serhat359

I told you, if it doesn't work then there is nothing you can do.

13. That guy in the Corner

Ah, nevermind lol, misunderstood. Oh well.

In that Case, can anyone recommend any other Emulators? or is this as good as it gets?