1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[PC] The Orange Box: Half-Life 2: Episode 2. [SPOLIERS] ~ Ultima069

Discussion in 'Review Submission' started by Ultima069, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Ultima069

Ultima069 Member

[​IMG]
    VALVe is one of my favorite video game developers. They provide quality and game play, along with great multiplayer. And with The Orange Box, they definitively deliver. Half-Life2:Episode 2 is the 2nd in the episode saga of Gordon Freeman.
    STORY​
    You start out In the train that episode one ended on. And as you try to climb your way out, you see Alyx Vance notice you. She grabs the gravity gun and pulls the door off of the back of the train letting you out. As you progress you see a Beautiful but yet dangerous portal storm, one of the remnants of the explosion of the citadel. You later find out that Judith Mossman had found the Borialis. One of Aperture Science's cargo ships. This later reveals that Judith may have had a weapon against the combine. What it is? We dont know. Overall: 10/10
    SOUND​
    The Voice acting, Music, and Sound effects truely bring out the emotion of the game. You can see how characters feel just by hearing them. The Music gets your heart pumping during the battles you face. However, the firing sounds are reused and could be improved a bit. Overall: 9.5/10
    GAMEPLAY​
    The gameplay has been added upon and changed since Episode one. With a new car, and the new way of taking down Striders, Valve Trys to keep the gameplay fresh, Which they succeed....barely. Most of the Shooting scenes feel the same as the original, Which are fun and exciting, but they don't add anything on those.
    You do encounter 2 new enemies, The Combine Adviser and the Hunter. While you dont fight the Adviser, it proves that it can harm you with Psychic attacks that will leave both Alyx and Gordon with a headache. Overall 8.5/10
    GRAPHICS​
    [​IMG]
    This picture looks stunning. What you dont see in it are the amounts of detail on the characters face and the great HDR effects. The faceposing is great. Without sound I can almost read their lips. Overall: 10/10
    CONCLUSION​
    With Awesome Graphics, Great gameplay, and Stunning emotion, this is truly a game worth purchasing. Even with the other pack in's. If you havent play the Half-Life series, I recommend you start with the Orange Box.

2. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

You'll probably need to change ur consept as ign's. And is it too
    Over-rated? But its a pretty good review!

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

You have 5 different games here and hardly any substance.

Go back and redo this, because I know for sure this won't be accepted.

Just a review on Half-Life 2 alone should get you a wall of text.

Team Fortress 2 has already been done so my best bet would be to review each game separately, combining the Episodes with Half-Life 2.

4. Ultima069

Ultima069 Member

I only wanted to review Episode 2 because reviewing each game would be just too much freaking work.
    Thanks for the tips though. I may add a few things here and there.

5. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Firstly, your review is a little on the short side. Remember a review is not a summary of the game. It's the author's detailed submission on what he/she thinks of the game. Don't just write two sentences telling us what the story is. Expand it a little and tell us whether it works well or not; whether it is original etc. There is so much you could write on Episode 2 alone.

Also, I can't accept it for the reason that Episode 2 is not a stand alone game. It is part of the bigger picture that is Half-Life 2. At the very least you could have included information on Half Life 2 and not just jumped straight into the review of the Episode. I'm sorry but it needs a lot of work in order to pass the submissions filter. Keep trying.

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Maybe you can post more screenshots for this game :)

7. manolisgoku

manolisgoku Well-Known Member

don't make many reviews just modify this one