1. This forum is in read-only mode.

pc game resolutions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by equitypetey, Mar 9, 2009.

1. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i need help and i'm mainly looking at you loony unless anybody else has fixed this problem.

it seems that some games for some reason don't want to show in the correct resolution and instead just want to give me the very top left corner and for some reason all game options are always in the lower right so i can't change the resolution in game.

it didn't bother me before as it only did it with older games but tonight i thought i'd give stalker a go and its doing it again.

i can't even change the screen position on my monitor as it only seems to be sending the top left corner and not the whole screen

please does anyone know how to fix this problem as google provided me with nothing apart from every answer imaginable bar the answer to the question i've asked

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

meaning the resolution is far too big for your screen? If so, try to find the settings file and either edit it in notepad or delete it.

3. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

no need to worry now as i was waiting for a reply i thought i'd see if there was a gfx driver update for my card so uninstalled the drivers and got the new ones and all works fine now