1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PC Game Controllers

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Arafin, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Arafin

Arafin Member

Since there's no way to ply N64 games on my DS, I would like to play them on my PC. The games are kind of a pain to play with a keyboard, so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a controller for me to buy? I'm also hoping to use it to maybe play Gamecube games, and some MMORPGs too.

I've never owned a pc game controller before but have wanted one for years.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I use these, personally:
    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Dual-Action-Game-Pad/dp/B0000ALFCI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1269084411&sr=8-1
    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Rumblepad-Vibration-Feedback/dp/B0002XJBGE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1269084411&sr=8-2

Just your basic PS2 controller clone. Of course your button layout will be a little different than the original N64 controller, but it will work for the most part.

3. tomas153

tomas153 New Member

Also you will need a emulator that supports controller keys.
    Like in my situation on Playstation emulator only PCSX worked with controller

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

ePSXe and pSX work with controllers as well.

Most computer emulators do. And if they don't directly, you can use software to map gamepad keys to keyboard keys, and use them that way.

5. zephyrum

zephyrum Member

I recommend getting a USB converter (online or elsewhere) for your favorite console's controller. I have one for PS2 + Gamecube and wouldn't use anything else. Shouldn't be too hard to find. And the Gamecube controller works great with N64 emus ^_-

If you're having trouble with assigning gamepad buttons in an emu, you could always use Joy to Key. It's an awesome little program that... does what it says on the box. Keyboard keys mapped to gamepad buttons. Indispensable for any PC gamer.

Maybe I should start a thread for Joy to Key. Has it been posted here before?