1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Patching!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Emma1981, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emma1981

Emma1981 Active Member

Hello

I'm soooooooo sorry to do this. I'm sure you have been asked these kinds of questions over and over again!!! I did a search on 'patching' on the forum and so many results came up that i'll be here all day reading!

I've noticed with many of the new games that come out that they need to be 'patched'. I've avoided downloading them as I have no idea what this means.

Can somebody please explain in laymans terms what it is, and give me a dummies guide on how to do it? I'm okay with computers but this seems a little high tech for me! Is there one standard patch that you use or is there a specific one for each game?

I have a DSTT card if that's important.

Thanks so much in advance. And again i apologise if you've been asked these questions a million times before!!

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I can not realy see that much patching for games needs to be done with the DSTT card, you may need some updates in your TTMenu folder though!

YSMenu For R4DS, Updated 11/10/2009

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x1ogglxf3mt

Just drag and copy over any .dat files from the download arcive, not anyover files

The mario&luigi BIS (U) will work, Not (E) version

Files like infolib.dat , usrcheat.dat... just copy and replace

In fact if any!
    Post Merge: [time]1255721684[/time]
    My files

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=22731.msg393684#msg393684

3. Emma1981

Emma1981 Active Member

Does this mean that I just have to make sure these files are on my micro sd card and I don't have to do anything to the games themselves? Will this work for the recent GTA game as I noticed that it doesn't work currently. And if I put these files on my card will it affect the games on it that are currently working okay?

Sorry about all the questions! I sound like my 3 year old son!! Lol.

4. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

To patch something means to apply a bit of data to a larger piece of data to change it in some way. In this case, patching a rom is by downloading the patch and the rom, using a program to apply the patch, and your game will work without problems. Some things that don't need to do this all the time are the Acekard with AKAIO and CycloDS, because their teams are always working on making the games compatible. All you need to know is the way around the desktop, and how to click on something. For example, an IPS patch. Download LunarIPS, the patch and the Rom. Open LunarIPS, click on Apply Patch, the patch, then open, then on the drop down menu hit all files, then the rom, then open again. Simple.

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I have no problems with my R4 from www.r4ds.com with Ysmenu, but it's like a emulated version of DSTT for the R4

Its worth giveing agow, Make sure your games are backup to your pc befor dowing this, But the worst thing that can happen is that it wont work lol, Just deleate TTMenu folder and replace with your TTmenu folder!

(Note) "Not _DS_Menu.dat"
    Post Merge: [time]1255723273[/time]
    Youtube vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW9E09uanZs

6. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I only know what it is a bit... I sound like a 1 year old boy, but I`m 10, Hehehe...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.