1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Patching Soma Bringer?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by houstontx224, Mar 15, 2010.

1. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

I was reading a post here (in which forum room I can't remember...sorry) and it was going over how to patch Soma Birnger and ithad the actual rom and the patch on another link. I followed the directions..d/l rom..and then the patch..drag and drop rom int o a file that was titled " Drop Rom here " and it was supposed to have patched it but, it didnt..it still came up in Japanese. Anyone know of this post? Any and all help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

HoustonTX224

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

When you dragged he rom onto the .bat file, did any message pop up, or did you see anything happen? A window saying "Patching..." should appear, and then a message saying

"Done! The patched file has been created in the same folder as the original.
    If the patch does not work, make sure that you applied it to the original,
    unpatched, untrimmed ROM.
    Press any key to continue . . ."

Then there'll be two roms where the original one was. One is the original, and the other should have "patched" in the name. Did any of this happen when you tried to patch it?

3. houstontx224

I didn't see any type of message pop up..I dragged it over and then in a few seconds the " new" rom appeared and then I loaded it on no$gba/no?zoomer and it was in Japanese still.

HoustonTX224

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Make sure you drop the original (unpatched, untrimmed) rom to the Drop Rom Here.bat file.

5. houstontx224

Where the drop rom here bat.file is..it just says drop rom here..NO bat file is on there and when I do drag it over it just says compressing then the new rom pops up. I redwonloaded the rom off o fhere again just to make sure. There's also a Soma patch xd in the folder. No luck yet here.

6. Fredbox

The "Drop rom here" file is a .bat file, you probably just have your PC set to hide file extensions.
    Are you sure it's in Japanese? When you create a new .sav file, there is one message in Japanese. But just press A and then the title screen menu should be in English if it worked.
    But it's really odd that the message didn't appear. Maybe it's because of some sort of setting on your PC. But it shouldn't say anything about compressing.
    Anyway, check if it's all in Japanese or just that first message (probably something to do with creating a save file).

7. houstontx224

The initial screen and everything after is in Japanese. I even got to the 1st prolouge.."Girl in the Woods" and when the character speaks its still Japanese...lol What a way to spend my 1st few hours on a day off...lol Thanks for the help all. I'll keep trying.

HoustonTX224

8. meganova

Download this.
    https://www.romulation.org/NDS/2058_-_Soma_Bringer_(J)(6RZ).rar.html/

Extract it, and then drag it to the 'Drop Rom Here' file.
    A new rom should appear after the patching is done.

9. houstontx224

Must just be my pc meganova..thats the rom I d/l..I'll redo it all and see what happens. The patch that Im using is the Soma Bringer 2009-02-02 i got it off of here as well.

HoustonTX224

10. Fredbox

Maybe it's a problem with that patch? Give the one from the original GBATemp thread a go? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=78947

11. houstontx224

Again another failed effort on my part...lol I do appreciate all the help I've received. My wife is calling me " obsessed " again..Just when we put the FF7 episode behind us....lol fredbox..I did try that patch as well..no luck. I'll just have to be patient and await the english d/l ..if and when it does come to romulation. thanks again to all who responded...and giving up some of your gaming time.

HoustonTX224

12. Fredbox

I'm uploading my patched rom to mediafire now, but it's gonna take an hour or so, but I should have it for you before too long.

13. houstontx224

Just let me know when Fredbox and Im there...I'm hoping somehow..someway I can return the favor sometimes. Thank you.
    How do I get onto to mediafire? I'm still a little new to all of this....lol
    HoustonTX224

14. meganova

I'm using the same patch as yours, no problem at all.
    After you've done patching, the new rom should be named '2058 - Soma Bringer (J)(6RZ)-patched.nds'.

If it still not working, just wait for Fredbox patched rom.
    Click the mediafire link,and wait for the link to appear(Click Here to Download), and then click it.

15. Fredbox

Here ya go! http://www.mediafire.com/?kzigjzou5wt

16. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=20522.msg279104#msg279104

17. Fredbox

Ok, you deleted my post (possibly something to do with the language?), I'll re-word it.
    Here we go...
    Aww Tirith, I spent an hour uploading that, only for you to appear right at the end and post one you did earlier. You could have either done that before, or not at all after I'd done mine.

18. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Ya.... probably, I dunno.

I browsed the topic, saw a bunch of "it doesn't work, still doesn't work". Reached the end and saw that no link posted, so I spend a couple minutes and searched in the Trading Station and Rom Request forums, and came up with that link.

Just goes to show you that it pays to use the search feature.