1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Patch

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Soluri, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Hey!
    I'm sorry, I'm new here, so i don't know if there's already a topic about this, and if I have to place it here, but here is my question:
    I'm playin castlevania Portrait of ruin, and I got here a patch for the freezing thing, http://www.kenghot.com/forum/uploads...or-Patcher.zip but how does it work ??? I know I have to download it, but I don't know what to do after downloading it ::) And maybe there is a better patch ??? Please help me! ;D

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hrm, not sure if there is a better patch, but...

Once you download it-check the patch contents-ethier an ips or another file extension.

Google "xxx patcher" (xxx=your files extentsion).

The program will then patch the patch and the game together-however word of caution.

When I used an english patch for a certain game-the dsp patcher program (or a few other's for that matter) would freeze if you click or do anything.

Best to do-once the process starts-no matter what-wait until the program finishes before doing anything-even minimising thw window or a mouse movement may impede the patching process.

Many times it didn't finish correctly-the patch I used took 1 mimute-before I stopped doing stuff during the process I'd have a poor patch and that wouldn't run.

See how you go-ask if I've confused you XD

3. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Um, well, I'm not English, so I dont really understand it, sorry :-[

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Oh, ok...I'll start in parts then...

Download the patch you listed first.

Because I don't have it-what is the file extension of the patch inside?

5. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Um...It's called Castlevaniapor-patcher. exe, it;s 440 kb and It's type is application??? ??? I'm so sorry, I don't really get it :-[

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ok-that's easy.

Drag the rom file on top-it should do almost all the rest.

It may ask you to press the "any key".

So...press any-if otherwise post back

7. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

But then it says: can not open or create file :(

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hrm, ok, try placing the file next to the program and then double clicking on it-it may ask you to aim it where the rom is-point it if you can.

Otherwise your stuck like I am-same problem with a n64 game i was trying to patch :(

9. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Hmm, not working :eek:
    Well, thank a bunch, then I just have to save a lot ;D
    I think I wil survive ;)
    Thank You! :D

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Just something before you go-someone might have some advice.

I hope they do-I want to know as well-my thread months ago never even got a reply :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.