1. This forum is in read-only mode.

patch what?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shadow 26, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow 26

shadow 26 Well-Known Member

when the Mario and sonic at the Olympic winter games ROM was realease, I made my best to try patch it but I had no luck, I'm done depending on pre-patch versions to enjoy playing, I decide that I will learn how to patch, but I'm a beginner and I don't have the littlest idea of how to patch or where to start, I don't understand much of what you say on the MyS sticky topic and that's why I started this topic

thank you and please, I really want to learn how to patch

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Patches https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=24818.0 Read the supplied .txt file for specific patching instructions.

3. shadow 26

yeah, but I don´t only mean THAT game I mean anything, I want to patch everything patchable

4. anandjones

Simply follow the supplied instructions for a patch for a particular game when it comes to it then. There's no universal fix.

5. shadow 26

got it, still can't get the patch to work mine is a dstt, know what to do?

6. anandjones

Is it the program that isn't working, or the ROM?

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Every rom needs a different process.

And depends on the type of patch-arm7 patch requires extracting part of the rom and editing it.

A simple patch over could be ips dsp, and a program-preety simple.

Unfortunatly I can't help with the issues at hand-I buy games that have security patches-can't be bothered working those out XD

8. shadow 26

I think it is the rom since it keeps corrupting, I downloaded the europe version, do you think thats the problem?

mds64, it is too expensive to buy the real game in my contry (like 60 dollars or so) and I am a kid, I can´t expend all that money at once or I would be broke

9. anandjones

The patches would be for the (U) version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.