1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Patapon 2 [Eur] Iso Freeze

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by karq2016, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karq2016

karq2016 New Member

It looks like I put this topic in the wrong section( Game Help). So hopefully its in the right place now.

I downloaded the European version of Patapon 2 and used the NP9600 iso mode to bypass the freeze at the "Now Loading" screen. Everything seemed to work fine until I tried a mission named "Terrible Fang at Guguchoppa Ruins".

The game freezes at the Now Loading screen and then promptly shuts off. I also tried the Normal- UMD Required iso mode but it did not work either . I searched around the Internet to see if I could find a solution but could not find anything. Perhaps someone here could suggest a fix for this error or refer me to a web page which gives a solution?

I'm have a Slim Silver PSP 2001 model running 5.00 M33-6 custom firmware. The only plugin I have enabled is Popsloader.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What versions of POPs do you have for your popsloader, and have you tried it with different loaders? Probably a compatibility issue, unfortunately the game is not listed on the PSX on PSP compatibility list http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title=PSX_on_PSP_Compatibility_List#P

Have you tried different POPs, and which ones have you tried?

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

patapon 2?

That's a psp game-do they use pops (the psx emulator?)

I suggest the m33 driver...but that may not work...

Where did you get the iso from-it may be corupted-bad rip-etc?

4. TirithRR

Oh. Here I sit with egg on my face.

I assumed since he mentioned popsloader that he was trying to play a PSX game on his PSP.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I don't believe I one-up a moderator

*shocked face

But it's just a simple mistake-no biggie :)

ANYWAY...

It may be the iso it's self-a badly ripped game can do that...

But otherwise I'm stumped myself.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

is it an iso or a cso?

7. TirithRR

This is probably the biggest contributing factor.

If you don't already have it, download UMDGen. http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/948

This will let you decompress a CSO into an ISO.

8. karq2016

karq2016 New Member

Sorry. I had been away for a while. Yes it is an iso file compressed with PSP ISO Compresser v1.4. Downloaded cso from a site called "pspisoz". I'll try UMDGen see if it works. Thanks for your time.

9. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

If that fails, go download the first Patapon, it's better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.