1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Password for ROMs dled at Romulation

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by horomancer, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horomancer

horomancer Member

Hey guys. I just dled Team Buddies from here at romulation.net and it is secured by a password. I didn't see any mention of a password anywhere in the game info or the general info of the website. Is there a standard password that works for any rom I download from romulation (like "romulation.net")?

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

There shouldn't be a password at all. It probably got screwed up during the download so you'll have to download it again. =/

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Yeah,
    of all roms I've downloaded.
    no password is needed

4. horomancer

horomancer Member

well I'll try again. I'm also having trouble DLing some of the larger PS1 games. I'll get about 1/4 of the game then the DL will stop and say it's complete. Normaly when that happens though I can't open the .rar or .7z file at all

5. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Use a download manager to at least prevent the downloads breaking up.

6. horomancer

horomancer Member

Yea it looks like the DL in breaking apart. I tried to get the game again and it finished at 34 MB when the file should be around 280mb
    I'm using Ubuntu with firefox and i've never used a DL manager before. Does anyone have good recommendations?

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=8884.0

what i used-my os is vista-but it should work still.

8. horomancer

horomancer Member

I dled the game again and this time I got it all. Still password protected.

The game is Team Buddies for teh PS1 in case anyone wants to look at it

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You can always go on a torrent website and get a cracked winrar program. With that it bypasses the passwords I'm pretty sure.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I highly suggest a download manager...

1.check your file sizes as compared to what the site say's it should be-1 MB can create a world of trouble

2.Download managers are great to use once correctly set up.

3.Are you using a wireless connection by any chance?

That comes up in 2 cases-when it's complete and it does actually need it...or when it's incomplete...

Downloaded a part of resident evil outbreak file 2-tried to open-password comes up...

Once I got the whole thing-it was gone...

No point downloading something that you may not need-especially from here :)

11. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

He downloaded it perfectly. The zip or rar could possibly have a password.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Some times it does and doesn't-though the password thing may still be in effect..

I thought the romU uploader-or seph-checks theses to see if they work...

If only I could try myself-stupid net restrictions...

13. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Perhaps including checksums on the file info page might be a good idea...

It would be a mammoth task, though, and most newbs probably wouldn't know how to use them anyway =/

14. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I don't believe there is a password on the file, I think it's more likely that your download is being corrupted. Are you using a download manager when you download it?

Also, a "cracked" version of winrar will not bypass archive passwords.

15. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I've got this program that will try and crack the password by trial and error. Takes awhile though...

16. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I just downloaded the game in question, there is no password, and it extracts fine. So the thread creator is having corruption issues.

Use a download manager like Flashget:
    http://www.flashget.com/en/download.htm

17. horomancer

horomancer Member

I double checked my dl. The manafer says that it got all 280 MB of data but when i loko at properties of the file on mh HD it says it is only 110 MB large. I guess it's not sure why my internet is being such a bitch. I'll try other DL managers and hopefully one of them will get the full file

18. Iceabeam

Iceabeam Member

Try download them all, it's an addon for FireFox.

19. horomancer

horomancer Member

I tried getting Team Buddies using Gwget and that seemed to have worked. Now I'm trying to DL Trap Gunner. Gwget says it is getting all the file and if I look at it on my HD it says it is the proper size, but it doesn't see it as a recognizable file type
    One damn thing after another. I'll try some of the plugins and other dl managers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.