1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Parts of Worms World Party (PS) Don't Work

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sscott1985, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sscott1985

sscott1985 Member

Hey guys,

I'm not sure why this is happening but I just recently downloaded this games yet half of the game doesn't play. I cannot do Single Player Missions or Training and other things don't work including selecting maps, etc. Every time I select these things, the screen simply goes black and I need to restart. I can still play the "Quick Start" sort of single player matches but that's about it. Anyone know why this is happening?

If it is a simple solution I'd like to know. If not, is there any way I can get my points back because it was kind of a waste of a download and now I got to wait a long time just to get another one that actually does work (might try Worms Armageddon...)?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we only refund points if the game is corrupt due to a problem on our end. It is not corrupt.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

More information. How are you trying to play it etc.?

4. sscott1985

sscott1985 Member

Hello again,

OK, games loads up fine. At the main menu I have a selection of (1) single player game, (2) create new game, or (3) options.

(1) In the single player sub-menu, I have a choice of 5 types: Quick Game, Training, Missions, Time Attack, and Deathmatch (I was sort of looking forward to the missions the most in regards to the single player experience). When I select anything except Quick Game I get a black screen with no sound and it just stays like that (when I select Quick Game, on the other hand, it is much different because it goes to a black screen that says "Loading, please wait..." and the match eventually does start). I've checked each match type other than Quick Game and they all get the black screen.

(2) The only other time it does the black screen is when I select "Create New Game" from the main menu and when I try to enter the "Terrain Generation Screen". If I don't select a "terrain" I can still play but it is still a pretty important feature.

(3) There doesn't seem to be any problems with the options menu.

I'm not really sure what is going wrong. I'm not being impatient either. I've let the black screen sit for a few minutes and the screen doesn't budge or make a noise. I can understand if I'm still not allowed to get my points back but without a fix for this I sort of got jipped (respecting your language policy...).

Steve

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You still haven't mentioned how you're playing it, emulator etc.

6. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I'm sure he'd be using an emulator, as he hasn't specified anything about what type of discs used or burning programs used.

sscott1985, if you are using an emulator......what are your PC specs? and has any game ever worked for you before?

7. Loonylion

also what emulator are you using. Name and version.

8. sscott1985

sscott1985 Member

Oh sorry, I didn't realize what you meant by "how"...

I'm running the pSX emulator and it's always worked fine. I have a copy of Final Fantasy VII as well as Final Fantasy IX and they both run perfectly. All I can find regarding the version is a file reading "psxfin.47e6.mdmp". I came across another site that lists a bunch of other emulators such as the ePSXe. Should I try this one?

I'm running the emulator on a 32-bit Vista HP Laptop. Again, no problems in the past so I have no idea what would be going wrong. Has anyone else tried to play it?

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Try out ePSXe. It's more compatible.
    There is a tutorial and links to a plugin pack in my signature.

It's very easy to use, and very compatible with games.

10. sscott1985

sscott1985 Member

Ok, well I've downloaded ePSXe and it's not even working. Some problem with it not finding zlib1.dll file or whatever. I've had to install all these plugins, etc., etc.. Why is this emulator so much more difficult? I'd really feel a lot more comfortable to know whether or not anyone has even successfully played this game on anything before I start having to install all this extra junk on my computer. How can ePSXe be regarded better than pSX emulator anyway if it doesn't even come as a complete package? All I had to do with the pSX was download, extract, and then voila, I can play my games.

11. TirithRR

Read the Tutorial. Like I said. It tells you what to do.

The plugins are what makes ePSXe more compatible. And yes, ePSXe is more compatible. Just because you think pSX emulator is easier doesn't make it better. pSX is "easier" because you can't change as many things, which makes it worse.

But if you'd read the tutorial, it'd all make sense and you'd be able to use ePSXe without any issues.

12. sscott1985

sscott1985 Member

That's my point, though. I really don't want to be installing a bunch of random, unknown stuff on my computer just to get it to work. I could care less about features when it comes to ease of use. And again, I'd rather know if the game is going to work at all before I start downloading all this junk.

Has anyone even tried to play it yet????

13. TirithRR

Fine... don't do it. Don't play the game. I don't care.

I'm here to offer help to you. If you don't want that help, then don't take it... continue to use the emulator that doesn't work with your game for all I care.

Edit:
    Confirmed 100% working on ePSXe 1.7.0

14. sscott1985

sscott1985 Member

Ok, thank you. I just wanted to make sure the game worked first. That's all I wanted to know before I had to install the DLL registry repair tool (or whatever it is). I just wanted some confirmation it was going to work on this game because pSX works fine on the only other games I have. I just felt there was no point wasting my time if it wasn't even going to work in the first place (because the game itself was defective, or whatever). I think that's a justified reason ("don't fix what isn't broken").

I'm not an idiot, I just like to know my options and make an educated decision. You don't have to be so defensive about another person's opinion....

15. TirithRR

Somewhat understandable. But there is a reason why the first line in the Common Issues thread for PSX Emulation is:

"First off, if you are not using ePSXe, it is recommended you use it, since it is the best PSX emulator."

We'd spend a lot of time downloading games we don't really care for if we had to prove to people that they worked before they would listen to us.

16. Loonylion

you don't need a program to fix the missing dll file. Just google the filename, download it and put it in the ePSXe directory

17. TirithRR

There is even a link to the file in the ePSXe Tutorial.

18. sscott1985

sscott1985 Member

OK, I've gone ahead and did everything in the tutorial. The ePSXe is set up (the only thing I was questionable about was the read mode wasn't specified in the CDR plugin section) and it has exactly the same problem in the game. The screen goes black when I select training mode in the single player campaign.

Please, try the game again. Select single player and select training. If it actually works for you then I have no idea what I've done wrong along the way because I followed the tutorial to a 't'.

*** Reply to Dll thing: I figured that out. I was clicking the wrong thing. I downloaded it successfully and stuck it in the system folder.

19. TirithRR

CDR plugin is only important if you are playing actual CDs in your computer. With the "Run ISO" option it doesn't matter.

I can play training mode just fine.

What is your graphics plugin? And what video card does your computer have?

20. sscott1985

sscott1985 Member

Graphics Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.18 (as recommended...)
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

Does your screen go black when you select training? Or does it say "loading, please wait..."?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.