1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Parkour

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CUBeR64, Mar 25, 2008.

1. CUBeR64

CUBeR64 Member

anyone here do parkour? I'm a traceur from Toronto btw! :D

2. Roshi

Roshi Well-Known Member

I'm not very good at anything like that. ^_^; I sure do love climbing up the sides of buildings though (mainly to scare passers-by)

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Haha it would be fun to do this, watched some videos on TV one time, laughed my head off. I would be able to do a slight example of parkour.

4. Roshi

Roshi Well-Known Member

I love watching parkour. The videos of parkour injuries are really hard to watch though. > <

5. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

My friend does parkour but he sucks at it. We all cheer him on though.

6. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Hmm, the Prince of Persia knows parkour. Maybe you should play his games.

7. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Tried it. Sucked. I fell off the railings of a staircase and got both ankles sprained :/. I stay away from physical activity now ...

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

All I do is climb and jump short gaps, not jump from building to building :p I'm not that suicidal.

9. shenkeqin

shenkeqin Member

I can do standard vaults like a monkey vault or even a kong vault, but i stop there

10. JeanCSG

JeanCSG New Member

I do, beeng doing it for a year now...

Im from Caracas, Venezuela ;)

I also like to do FreeRunning sometimes, but dont tell anyone ;P

11. KeirinRacer

KeirinRacer Active Member

I don't live it per se but have seen that film "Yamazaki" which has all those french hipsters livin' it up in Ol' Paris. Also tried it virtually on the PSP and totally sucked at it. I loved climbing trees when I was a kid so maybe I should become a padawan learner a.k.a a traceur but I don't have the time/space/equipment/environment to train properly. So you part of a crew with frequent sorties upon your playground?

12. tiklu

tiklu Well-Known Member

I have tried it some... It's pretty fun sometimes when bored and having too much energy. I just should buy new shoes because I have only military boots right now...

13. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

this stuff is awsome. cool to see.

14. Luk7nk4

Luk7nk4 Well-Known Member

I tried Freerunning a few times with my buddy and we were almost busted by the police, because we scared some crazy folks. I swear we didn't hurt, touch or hassle anybody :(

Even though i don't look athletic, i'm able to pull off a few long jumps, flips and stuff.

Guess i owe it to my other buddy, with whom i've been back-yard wrestling for about 3 years :p

15. t0mmyTC

t0mmyTC Active Member

haha yea me 2

16. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Had I found parkour before I got my new computer I would have done it everyday since finding it... but irony has lead me to find it because of my computer and I'm all fat and outta shape to do it.

17. swangtal

swangtal Member

Any tips of wall running? I have always wanted to try that, but always fail miserably. Is it easier to run straight into the wall at first?

18. NoRegrets

NoRegrets New Member

Depends which type of wall-running, horizontal or vertical, one tip;) don't be scared of the wall, master it!
    Traceur from Norway, yeah it's damn cold and there aren't that many awesome hotspots. Too few parkour practitioners in Norway:/

19. Corcor 7

Corcor 7 Member

Awesome, a fellow Traceur!! Me and a couple of friends do a little bit of semi-pro parkour over here in Ottawa! Wall-Runs are the bomb; can do a double kick giving about 12-14 feet, sometimes.. Good to know I'm not the only crazy one!!

20. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

I want to see it in person!