1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Paranormal activity - BAD MOVIE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnnieBob, Dec 2, 2009.

1. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks Paranormal activity isn't even remotley scary? And I'm 14, and I laughed at some of it. :) Why is everyone scared of it?

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I read a review of it that actually talked about that a bit. I haven't seen it so I can't say if it's true or not, but the general idea was that it takes place in the home with no Hollywood effects. So you get this Blair Witch Project like film which seems real and takes place in your own bed.

I guess it also depends on the setting you're in. Steven Spielberg himself said he had to stop mid-way through the film and watch it during day-time. So I guess you're pretty much alone in the not-scared boat.

3. I actually quite enjoyed it, for a low-budget movie they did pretty well.
    The story isn't true, it is all purely fictional.

4. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

i haven't seen it yet, but i've only heard 1 negative remark about it,

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It made me jump a bit, but man the movie was boring for me. I did not enjoy seeing the same setting with spooky noises going on, it was boring.

6. T-A.L.O.S.

T-A.L.O.S. Well-Known Member

the movie was pretty boring except the end where the wife pwns her husband.

that scene i enjoyed.

7. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

It depends on your definition of what a horror movie should be, I suppose. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've read that it's more about creating a feeling of unease & letting the viewer fill in the blanks, rather than 'BOO - made you jump' moments. Like Seph said, it's a realistic sort of horror movie. It's really kind of a new concept for the genre, I think. The Exorcist & Rosemary's Baby are two old, good movies that also play on the 'it -could- happen to me' feeling, but without the "found video" presentation.

8. SixtyyNine

SixtyyNine New Member

Really didnt scare me at all :/

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Paranormal Activity is the kind of horror that i enjoy besides the zombie movies that are good. i don't like the mainstream horror films like saw and crap like that....but i like the ones that are "real life" and you can feel what the people in the film are feeling. it is very interesting on the perspective of the movie. those are the kinds of horror movies that need to be made. to talk to people, not just watch and laugh as some guy saws off his leg (i've never seen saw and never will....too boring.).

i'm not gonna lie, some parts of that movie made me jump. :p

i thought it was pretty good. though i'll only watch it a couple times a year. not constantly.

10. Croassassin

Croassassin Well-Known Member

Haha funny, im 13 and i laughed at parts of the move. It was a pretty bad movie. It wasnt what i expected, the ads keep on saying scariest movie ever. The first half of the movie bored me so much and it wasnt the slightest bit scary!

11. FATEM

FATEM New Member

Well with the amount of movies being released recently with plots along the lines of "This is a zombie. You are scared of it. Boo." I'm not surprised that people weren't satisfied with this movie. However with 'Paranormal Activity' you are told in advance that the two people end up dead, there's some sort of ghost and then the script goes somewhere else and lets you try and work out what's happening.
    An effect of this I have noticed is during the night-time scenes people (Including myself) have been so focused on trying to spot something and being prepared for any sort of shock that when something they weren't expecting happened (i.e. Trying to spot something moving in the background and there is an extremely loud thud that shakes the house) they were extremely freaked out.

12. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

It isn't very scary, but it isn't bad. I liked the scene when this girl was pulled out of the bed ::)

13. JohnnieBob

I nearly pee'd my self!!
    By the way, the end was diffrent on the internet, the internet ending is the worst part of the whole movie...
    All she does is rock back and forth...... for like 20 mins (exageration...).

14. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Lol, it's not "internet" ending :D There is diffrent ending in cinema and on dvd version. :) Cinema ending is certainly scarier (when the guy gets thrown at the camera ::) )

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

a friend of mine saw the movie four times and he said that each time, there was a different ending...i don't know if i should believe him, but he's pretty honest.

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Exactly. That is how i feel too about the movie 100%. no lie either!! ;)

17. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

This movie's only good if you watch it home alone, in the dark, and at night :) (Which is what I did)

18. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

How much did they pay him?

19. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

Aww, too bad my country doesn't show it up at cinema :(
    My friend told me that she watched it from DVD and the movie was so boring,made her almost sleep, but there's a surprising part too, like exorcist, a shadow, door closed immediately.

20. JohnnieBob

Best bit, (i think online version only) a girl chewed her arm off :D