1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pandora Battery/PSP 1003

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by theunderling, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Can someone please tell me which software I need to hack my PSP 1003,by way of using Pandora battery and making my own Magic Memory Stick.
    Also,what does "downgrade to firmware 1.50" mean,and will I need to do this?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'm just bumping this so it get seen-I want to know as well for future refferance-and not sure if the site has tutorial.
    Post Merge: [time]1253274194[/time]
    Oh-never mind-I faitly remember seeing THIS

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=8507.0

You may have to google for the tools I'm afraid.

3. theunderling

LOL MDS,Ive looked at that.Seen a good guide but half of it is for 5.00m33-4 and other half is for 5.00m33-6.
    Why dont these people that make up guides try to keep things nice and tidy.Hes even got things a*se about face by putting "upgrading cfw" before "make mms".

LOL,after spending hours and hours reading up about all this,I dont think theres a psp iso that the bairn will like anyhow.If it all goes t*ts up Ill send you the PSP and all the rest of the stuff-as I bought it off my winnings LOL.Ill PM you in a week LOL

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

"mms"-magic memory stick.

nothing wrong with v4 update-you can update to v6 anyway-this is an old guide made ages ago.

Hrm, but guides like this were designed for those who did a bit of research in mind-I learnt a few trying to find a soft hack.

Hrm, it's worth a try pm'ing him about prehaps offering assistance-he may be able to edit the guide.

I made my guide for me-idiot proofed to some extent-I ran like a headless chook trying to follow it myself the first time XD

As for psp-not sure what use BUT if it's partially hacked I could use it for some firmware experiements...I'll consider it.

5. theunderling

If/when I wreck it,you should be able to unbrick it,them guides look easy enough.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

preety much.

Just be sure to have a full battery when doing so-and if power cord is attached make sure your psp is atleast 85% power.

If power dies in update it kills it forever.

But the updates warn you and even prevent you....but pandora doesn't use those warnings I think-so best full battery-or power cord-I have no idea on them ???

7. theunderling

Hmmm,I didnt know that.The company that sells them is supposed to e-mail a guide to the buyer.I did read though that you attach the power cord,switch on the psp,then stick the pandora battery in it to charge it up.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Follow the guide.

I just realised-I don't even think the pandoras could hold a charge.

Prehaps a modified regular battery-after converting it back.

The guide is the best to follow-I was going from a soft hack-provided you don't have a power surge you should be fine.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The link in my signature to PSPGrader v008 works just fine. The program upgrades you to 5.00M33-4 directly.

The program itself has a guide in the help file that will tell you exactly how to install it on your PSP, step by step.

Yes, you will probably need to charge your TOOL battery in your PSP with the PSP off and the AC cord plugged in. Mine came pre-charged, but I had to charge it after the first use in order to do my brother's PSP2000. And yes, the TOOL battery does hold a charge, but it can't be used to power the PSP normally.

10. theunderling

OK,cheers Tirrith and MDS,thats cleared a few things up.The Pandora came with 91% charge and it only took 5 mins to get it to 100%.Im away to try the whole process now cheers
    Post Merge: [time]1253299639[/time]
    Ive managed to install 5.00m33-4,but I can hardly read any text on the PSP-its all like bright white letters and the background is white-something is wrong.The initial firmware was 3.52,so was I allowed to jump straight to 5.00m33-4 from there.

11. TirithRR

Nothing is wrong, it defaulted to a very bright white background.

I think my brother's PSP 2000 did the same thing. Try to make it to the System menu (I know it's hard to see, but you can just make out the lettering) and change the background to the default blue one, that seems to be the easiest default one to see.

12. theunderling

Brilliant Tirith,thats that sorted.How do I now upgrade to 5.00m33-6.Im presuming ive done things correctly so far if the PSP starts and has 5.00m33-4 listed in system information.

This is the instructions from Dark Alex:- Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder /PSP/GAME/ and run.

What does it mean?.Also,I dont have a wireless router in this house Im at.

13. TirithRR

Updating to other M33 versions is easy, once you are at 5.00M33-4.

First, get the 5.00M33-6 update.
    http://dl.qj.net/CFW-5.00-M33-6-PSP/pg/12/fid/25689/catid/114

Like it says, Copy UPDATE folder /PSP/GAME/ and run.

So Hook your PSP to your Computer, go into USB mode, and browse to X:/PSP/GAME (Where X is your PSP's Drive letter)
    Put the Update folder into this folder.
    Since you are already on 5.00M33, you don't need the 5.00 Official Firmware.

Disconnect your PSP, then go to Memory Stick and there should be an Update that you can run (just like running a Game). Run the Update, follow the instructions, and wait for it to finish. And there you go, you'll be at 5.00M33-6

14. theunderling

Thanks again Tirith.Is the guy too lazy to type it properly like youve done.Thats how people like me are struggling,only getting half the info.Ive looked at about 25 guides and 50 videos over 4 days.

But somehow Ive managed to load a couple of ISO games,and they work.

Switch on-> Select-> UMD ISO Mode-> Change to M33 Driver........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.