1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Paintball

Discussion in 'Sports' started by r4man89, Jan 25, 2009.

1. r4man89

r4man89 Active Member

I mainly play woods ball with the occasional sceneario game. Im a broke ass player so my paint is usually Visual Impact and my gun is a Spyder MR1 with only a spring upgrade still shooting co2.

I have been playing for a few years and love the game.
    Anyone else play?

Stuff consists of
    11 Pods
    6+1 (6 pods plus 1 20oz tank)
    2 Home Made from Duct tape and velcro
    3 Masks 2 JT cheapos and 1 V force cheapo (I highly pref this even though the foam sucks)
    Barrel plugs
    Squeegees
    Aero Twist Spyder Threads Black on Black
    Icon X (pretty solid gun can be upgraded.. needs to be upgraded to have good performance (cheap spyder basically)
    VLoader electronic gun, sucks but is fun to use
    extras/random Anti Fog spray for scuba masks, spring kits and a few other things.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I usually play with my mates at a local place called Happy Valley. Only bad thing about Happy Valley is that there is a very macho guy who will attack you endlessly if you continue to shoot someone after they have stated hit.

3. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

Ugh, the mention of the sport brings bad memories back.

Last time I played, I got shot in the...um ..."boys"

4. hazynighthawk

hazynighthawk Well-Known Member

ehh i used to alot

i had a couple sponsors including angel=)

was in a number of tourneys but i just kionda driftedaway cause my teams was kinda lame and we were all in highschool at the time and never had money and didnt have a paint sponsor =(

5. pb89baller

pb89baller Member

I play woodsballs and scenario
    I got a Smart Parts Ion and love it
    Im not really into Xball although I understand why people love it due to the instant action where as in woodsball its about movement and planning your attacks. There is just more strategy in woodsballs, and thats why i love it!! Not to mention if at one day we were all to be put into jungle and given real guns to fight for survival woodsball players>X ball players ;D

6. k9112009

k9112009 Well-Known Member

I used to play paintball with my friends. Joined a tournament once and I hated it.

7. ADGS231

ADGS231 Well-Known Member

I never play paintball but 3 or 4 days at the week i see some videos in youtube of paintball and how is it, and i see some movies that they play that i dont remember the name movie but is a nice movie and i like it that they are in a forest, i wonder if the bullet of paintball hurts.... I like to play it one day, but i wonder what day xDDD, will i will see if this years i play it ^^.

8. notorious_ n u b

notorious_ n u b Active Member

paintball is a fun sport,
    not woods ball though

you got to play x ball or speed ball.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

speedball doesnt require strategy or teamwork to the extent that woodsball does, plus a lot more can happen in woodsball.

10. notorious_ n u b

uhhmmm i dont think so,
    speed ball is way more intense,

if you dont have teamwork you will get demolished out there.
    i dont really play anymore,
    and i was never that into it,
    but i used to go with my friends all the time who played for a team with sponsors and all that.

and if woodsballs requires more teamwork/skill then why dont they show it on espn like they do with speedball.

and why dont they have woodball at the paintball world cup?

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

woodsball games last much longer than speedball games, and require a lot more space. Including them in the world cup would not be practical.

12. notorious_ n u b

exactly,
    speedball you have to move around smart,
    and with strategy if you move around with a teamate shooting a lane down the field to tuck someone back in there bunker then most like you will get shot out.

13. Mario94

Mario94 Well-Known Member

I am only 14 and have to wait till 16 to play

Cant wait though

By the way does it hurt...... Not that it matters........ just wondering

14. rebornalone

rebornalone Well-Known Member

As long as you wear the protective covering lent to you, it will not hurt you.

15. redalert24

redalert24 Member

Anyone know the minimum age to play in Australia?