1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Outside Reviews

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shockwav3, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Shockwav3

Shockwav3 Member

Apart from the download sites themselfes being nicely streamlined, I found it a little frustrating, as most of them barely have any info of the game itself, apart from the genre, region and often 1-3 screenshots. So how would it be to add external links to sites like mobygames, IGN, etc. so one could quickly check for details as the release year, ports, descriptions, magazine/user reviews and possibly more screenshots. While this might be pretty over the top for GBA/NDS Roms, I'd find this a pretty good deal for "older" systems as the PSX/Saturn/N64.

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Thing is it's stupid for us to send visitors away from the site for what we eventually plan on covering ourselves.
    RomUlation really is a business when all comes to all, there are expenses that needs to be covered and so, so that's why we try to handle it ourselves; and we'll start expanding our information about games once we get the system as we want it to be, right now it's still in a development stage where we change things quite often.

3. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

well, if you want more screen shots, you should post them up yourself right? It's kind of a waste of time for me, since I use flashcarts....so i can't do it...and it gives you points!

4. Warren_303

Warren_303 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure those who post pix use NO$GBA and Prt Scrn.
    So seriously almost anyone should be able to post at least couple clips.

Also just a thought, we could get a crap of screenshots if their was a contest.
    Such as "who can upload the most screenshots?" Maybe a points prize or whatever.

5. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

screenshots=points....didn;t you know? and some people like me don't really use points, because I onl use DS, and rarely PSX

6. bustaballs

bustaballs Member

I'll assist with what I can with organization and information during my spare time. When a system like this is implemented, it'll be a great thing to work on. Until then, I'll just leave short comments.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we already have a system to add screenshots...

8. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to link to reviews on-site (in the Review forums, I mean)? I think it'll promote both Romulation and the reviewers. themselves. It would also encourage people to post reviews.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if you mean have a link on the 'game details' page to a relevant review in the reviews section on the forum, Seph is working on something that might provide that functionality, however people still need to write the reviews *hint*