1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Out of all of the things we all bootleg, what is somethings we shouldn't pirate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by garychencool, Jan 2, 2011.

1. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Out of all of the things we all bootleg, what is somethings we shouldn't pirate?

There is a lot of things we pirate on a daily basis...

Name something that in your opinion, we shouldn't pirate.

Edit: i mean games, programs, dvd, etc.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Re: Out of all of the things we all bootleg, what is something we shouldn't pirate?

The high seas. Pirate those enough and you'll get a few Countries mad at you... you don't want any of the big Navys out there hounding you.

3. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Re: Out of all of the things we all bootleg, what is something we shouldn't pirate?

The hurt locker, supposedly everyone who DLed it was gonna get sued. Or at least 50k people.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_wguy/20100514/tc_ytech_wguy/ytech_wguy_tc2074

4. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

We shouldn't pirate anything really apart from over expensive programs like photoshop.

Basically when we pirate roms or games and don't buy the game the hard working developers just suffer.

5. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

your mom seriously pirates kidnap people and you shouldnt kidnap oh crap did it again

6. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.... It is the best game of all time and pirating that would make you feel guilty. Unlike other games, I actually felt my money was worth spent when I bought that game, along with others such as Metroid Prime Trilogy or Chrono Trigger.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't pirate The Lonely Island's music. They're the shit.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Legal Documents, like your College Transcripts, Driver's License, Visa etcetera.

EDIT: Addendum:

Also, your College Thesis or Master's Dissertation paper.

9. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

Artist's work. Though I guess that's more art-thieving than actual piracy.

It makes me mad when I see my Deviantart idols have their work filched off, and slapped onto commercial stuff without getting a single cent. Then there are those people who take their artwork, enter it in contests, and 'win'.

Idiots, all of them.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I never got sued, FUCKING AWESOME MOVIE Y'ALL!

I say what YOU like, Im in regret because i downloaded the whole discography of blind guardian, and statix x...

Whatever I admire, I will buy if I have enough respect, if unsure, ill download a sample/back disography and then buy newer titles.

Games (new only)-capcom, grass hopper manufacture, nintendo, namco, konami

Music (new only)-Korn, Slipknot, Rammstien, Static X, blind guardian, lordi, metallica, and many more metal bands...

Stuff I never heard before ie machine head, older albums (I normally like newer material), and games I can get second hand (I pay a shit load for some classics-unless it's a rare gem like probotector/contra Ill pirate instead) I'll download without a care.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

unlike internet piracy, even if you get caught you're not likely to get tried over it.

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Which is probably why those Somalian Pirates keep attacking innocent Transport (freight) ships around Africa.

Forgive me for a possible racist remark, but instead of ruining other people's lives, why don't they just whore themselves for a buck.... Wait.... AIDS.... right....

13. doughboy

doughboy Guest

lol

well, it depends on the type of person really.
    that person may pirate anything due to low income or cause, well you know, chooses not to support.
    i personally pirate everything except things i really enjoy %100 of the time, and give my support by buying the product.
    i don't dl games like metal slug or time crisis or really good shows, such as the office, which i would like to own and then make copies to friends for profit...

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Who doesn't try to make profit on pirate once and now again ::)

Some rich people pirate...mostly their kids, but meh, it's a choice, why most people who are low income wouldn't bother with internet in the first place...

15. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Mariah Carey's music.

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

You shouldn't pirate your bodily fluids such as your blood & organs too :p

17. doughboy

doughboy Guest

You can also turn yourself into a computer tech with just the internet, and make decent money, such as I do in my spare time..
    I get about $35-100 for each sale (in some cases when I fix computers or install programs [for gullible/or maybe not]
    'rich people', who live in 'the hills' [anaheim hills etc..]) on each sale 5/7 days a week I work...
    The usual amount I bring in is between $500-1,200 a month :D (1,2000 is the most I have recieved, 800 is the avarage)
    I mean why wouldn't people pay the companies $1,000 when they can pay me $50 or even $30, it just doesn't make sense :p
    Well, like I said programs are really expensive even for the rich...
    I do buy things, which I believe, are worth the money though...

18. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Doesn't Creative Commons allow people to use their drawings?

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

depends in what context its used. Assuming the original work is licensed under that license, of course.

20. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Don't think DeviantArt works under Creative Commons, and even if it did you'd still need to give credit where credit is due to the original creator of the artwork instead of claiming it as you own.