1. This forum is in read-only mode.

oringinal games on ds?(ex mario bros 3,2,1)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kenny6457, Jun 14, 2010.

1. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

i understand u need an emulator to play it but where to put it and what emulator and what games can i play?
    Post Merge: [time]1276517461[/time]
    anyone know how?

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "original" games? What console are the games from?

3. kenny6457

i think nes but the one where u can play super mario 2 the one where u pull up onions and stuf from the ground

4. Fredbox

Yeah, that's the NES. You need to get a NES emulator. There are three in this thread, I'm not sure which one's best.

5. kenny6457

site to download cuz i dont know if romu has nes roms
    Post Merge: [time]1276549948[/time]
    alright when i get em where do i put em?

6. Fredbox

Romulation has NES roms, and I don't know how the emulators work. The link I gave you has links to the emulators with instructions.

7. kenny6457

ok btw does it also have gb/gbc emu too?
    Post Merge: [time]1276550920[/time]
    btw i am not seeing instrutions

8. Fredbox

For GB/GBC look for lameboy.
    As for instructions, NesterDS comes with a readme file (readme files are instructions) but the links for the other two are both broken. But now you know their names, you can google them.

9. kenny6457

where do i put emu in where i put games or system folder?

10. Fredbox

Did you read the readme? Which emu did you download?

11. kenny6457

nester
    and pocket monsters,pocket monster red,zelda,megaman 2

12. Fredbox

NesterDS comes with a readme file. Do you know what "read" and "me" mean?

13. kenny6457

yea i read but i didnt understand crap

14. Fredbox

Well I dunno. I've never used it. Just try putting the roms anywhere on your card and running the .nds file. It might let you browse to your roms.

15. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Whoa, whoa whoa. Someone needs some help here.

First of all, Half of theose roms are for lameboy (pokemon, pokemon red) and the other half could be for either NESDS or Lameboy (Zelda, MM2)
    Lemme try and help ya out here.

1. Get all your roms that end with the extensions (.gb) and (.gbc)(that's the type of file it is, example pokemon red.gb is pokemon red on gameboy.)
    2. Get all the ROMS that end with the extension (.nes) (these are your NES games)
    3. All (.gb), (.gbc) files will run only with lameboy.
    4. All (.nes) files will run only with NESDS or Nester...by the way, chuck nester out. It uses SOFTWARE RENDERING. UGH. Get NESDS. It's hardware rendered, faster, more fluid, has rewind and fast forward, and isn't choppy. Okay you don't know what software/hardware rendering is, so let me quick explain it to you. Software rendering uses (gasp) software to run games. Often it is super slow (software rendering on the DS would even be slow for the atari 2600) and you need to put on a high frameskip, which REALLY messes up the game. Hardware rendering uses the stuff the DS already has to TRY and emulate another system. Compatibility may be slightly lower, but the trade-off for speed and fluidity is worth it. So get it HERE http://danthemanms.googlepages.com/nesDS_snesDS_slot1_usage.zip

5. This is where it starts to get tricky. I need you to tell me which flash card you have. I can't give you much more instructions until I know that. All I can tell you is, tell me what card you have, and read up on, then download DLDITool, at http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/index.php?title=Win32_GUI

Person user standing by.

Oh, one more thing. If your Pokemon RED rom ends with .nes, well...THIS is what you're getting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTQ6BEcRNVo

16. kenny6457

yea my pokemon rom game ends with nes
    Post Merge: [time]1276608919[/time]
    and flash cart is r4 sdhc

17. personuser

Okay, first of all, you do NOT want NES pokemon. You can get the gameboy pokemon rom at romu: https://www.romulation.org/Retro/GameBoy_&_GameBoy_Colour/Pokemon_Red.7z.html/#details And get this; its so small it doesnt cost any points, so get it now.

Okay, now what you're gonna want to do from here gets a bit hard.

1. download the r4 dldi patch http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downloads/r4tf.dldi and put it in the same directory as the dldi program I asked you to download earlier (http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/index.php?title=Win32_GUI) on windows. You DO NOT run this on your DS.
    2. Open this program (it's dlditool32.exe) and follow the instuctions for patching found on the page you downloaded it from, but add the binaries lameboy.nds and nesds.nds instead of mythremote, as shown on the page. Hit patch and you're done with that. Copy the NesDS.nds and Lameboy.nds files onto the root of your card (that just means don't put it in a folder on your card) and add all your NES roms to a folder you should name nesds, all your gb and gbc roms to a folder called lameboy.

Everything should run, but these apps are a little tricky. Let me know if it all works out!

PU

18. kenny6457

thanks!!!! it works!!!!1
    Post Merge: [time]1276635094[/time]
    the nesterds emu doesnt show the roms even though i folowed instrutions but the lameboy work perfectly fine

19. personuser

...did you say nester ds?

what did i post?

4. All (.nes) files will run only with NESDS or Nester...by the way, chuck nester out. It uses SOFTWARE RENDERING. UGH. Get NESDS. It's hardware rendered, faster, more fluid, has rewind and fast forward, and isn't choppy. Okay you don't know what software/hardware rendering is, so let me quick explain it to you. Software rendering uses (gasp) software to run games. Often it is super slow (software rendering on the DS would even be slow for the atari 2600) and you need to put on a high frameskip, which REALLY messes up the game. Hardware rendering uses the stuff the DS already has to TRY and emulate another system. Compatibility may be slightly lower, but the trade-off for speed and fluidity is worth it. So get it HERE http://danthemanms.googlepages.com/nesDS_snesDS_slot1_usage.zip

Anyways, get NESDS and tell me how it works out.

20. kenny6457

can u upload the ones that works for u so i can download it so i can play my roms that arent ds or gb/gbc
    o and is there any pokemon hack for gb/gbc that has modified pokemon like dif sprites and pic and pokedex entrey