1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Original R4? Or EXACT Reproduction/Clone?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Akalakawak, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Akalakawak

Akalakawak Well-Known Member

Hey. Just wanted to find out for sure. Is my R4 a "2nd Generation Original R4" or a reproduction?

Here's what I KNOW is an Original/1st generation: (I changed the below image after discovering I was displaying a R4i-III)
    [​IMG]

And here's what I have and sell/2nd generation:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Are they truly originals or just perfectly working reproductions?

Thanks!

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

The one at the top is a fake as the top clove shape is rounded , the ones at the bottom are repduction but real and works with either WoodR4 v1.32 are YSMenu for R4 original/remanke look at the half clover at the top line.

I have the one with the case on the right side of your images!

[​IMG]

3. Akalakawak

Thats what I thought. I have the one on the right in the case as well :)

But are you sure the one on top is fake? I see the complete ovals on top but I also see the VERY EDGE of ovals that are cut off.

Thanks for your input. :)

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I have a reproduction (I assume anyways), but it didn't come in that plastic casing. When I got mine in '09, before reproductions were popular and on sale all over, it came in the box with the plastic card case with blue gel like innards to protect it, the reader, and the light blue wrist strap. It makes me think I may have gotten lucky with it and have gotten an original.

Eh, probably not an original that I have actually, unless they changed the cart when they started producing them in black. A true blue original R4 is below.

[​IMG]

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

The ovals are more compressed looking on a original/repoduction the one in the plastic cause is fine, and i have no proplems at all with Woodr4 v1.32 and YSMenu

The one at the top is a fake them ovals are a lot more rounded then normal, where DS is they are three round ovals next to it, they should be 3 and a bit cut of for original/repoduction

6. Akalakawak

Well when I bought my brother and myself R4s last year I bought them from PriceAngels.com and I got the ones with Boxes, gel casings, straps and readers, and they are still for sale for less then $4, I have a bunch of the ones in the plastic casing which I also purchased from PriceAngels for less then $3 each, and then resell. But they are both the same working R4s, just different packaging.

And according to what I've read regarding the 1st production originals, is that they came with changeable casing so you could choose between white and black casing, so both colors are of authentic R4s.