1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Order of the FF's and Ace Attorney on DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by bikeboy99, Feb 18, 2011.

1. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

Could somebody tell me the order the series go in?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not sure about the ace attorney series but the main FF series is numbered, the other's are side story...

Although...there was numbering issues for english releases, 1 here (back then) was actually japan's 3, 2 was 4, etc...

3. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

I thought each FF are different from each other...

4. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

For AA, It's :

Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney
    Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney : Justice for All
    Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney : Trials and Tribulations
    Apollo Justice : Ace Attorney

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy has no real order. For reference though, originally in America:

FF I was FF I
    FF II was FF II
    FF III was FF VI

It took awhile for the rest to hit America later on. The order of the games holds no relevance though, as they have zero relation with each other except with X-2 to X and the soon to be XIII-2 to XIII.

For Ace Attorney:
    - Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (I assume it's before, as it doesn't reference the other games)
    - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    - Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
    - Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations
    - Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

6. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

Follow the Ace Attorney Timeline in this order:
    1. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
    2. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Justice For All
    3. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Trials And Tribulations
    4. Ace Attorney Investigations - Miles Edgeworth
    5. Apollo Justice Ace Attorney

Though, if you want to follow the games in the order or release...
    1. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
    2. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Justice For All
    3. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Trials And Tribulations
    4. Apollo Justice Ace Attorney
    5. Ace Attorney Investigations - Miles Edgeworth

7. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, Damm I thought Trials and Tribulations was 2nd, Im like halfway through it :l

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Final Fantasy II in the U.S. was Final Fantasy IV Easy Type in Japan, "Easy Type"!? The Eff!?

Yes, Final Fantasy II U.S. is Final Fantasy IV Japan Easy Type as there are two versions of Final Fantasy IV in Japan.

Proof:

http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1529/

9. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

With Ace Attorney, chronologically...

- Case three of AAI2
    - Case four of AAI
    - Case four of Trials and Tribulations
    - Case one of Trials and Tribulations
    - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    - Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
    - Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations (excluding Case 3 and Case 5)
    - Ace Attorney Investigations (excluding Case 4)
    - Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (excluding Case 3)
    - Case 4 flashback in Apollo Justice
    Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (excluding flashback in Case 4)

:p

10. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

And about the FF's

there is no correlation between any of them. Except of the spin off and side story games. Mainly for the FF7 games.

There is though, lots of references, but none of them are of importance. Like for ex:
    - Zidane reference for cloud/sephiroth on FF9
    - Cloud/Aerith(FF7) appearing on FF tatics.
    - Vaan on FF tatics A2
    - Some games happens in the same world. Even if there is no real chronological sequence to it.

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Here are a few more common/re-occurring elements in the Final Fantasy universe.

1. Final Fantasy III (for the NES & it's DS Remake) is an updated version of the first Final Fantasy's (on the NES) plot which is "When the world is in crisis four warriors of Light shall be called upon".

2. Final Fantasy V & VI's both feature Gogo, the mysterious Master Mimic. In FFV he was sort of a villain protecting the Mimic Job class Crystal shard & in FFVI he is a secret character that you can have join your party in the World in Ruin.

3. The Summons who were first utilized in FF3 stay consistent in most sequels of the game. Five of which are Shiva, Ifrit, Ramuh, Leviathan & Bahamut.

4. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, though admittedly a spin off still utilizes the "Warriors of Light + Elemental Crystals" plot line that has been around throughout the series.

5. Every Final Fantasy game has a character named Cid who is often a man of science.

6. Airships.

12. LuckyTrouble77

Don't forget Biggs and Wedge. They appear in many of the Final Fantasy games including 6, 7, and 8.

13. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

And don't forget the horsebirds chocobos!

14. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The Final Fantasy Tactics remake for the PSP added secret characters from other games, like FF12 (rather than just Cloud from FF7 in the original).
    And added the "Onion Knight" job, an ode to the old default job in FFIII (original III, not 6) I believe.

15. LuckyTrouble77

The Onion Knight is actually the secret job in the DS version of FF III that you have to use the WiFi mail feature to get. It's the most balanced job in the game and easily the best. Thus, people who had the class pretty much always chose to have a full party of Onion Knights.

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

As TirithRR said on the original Final Fantasy III on the NES, Onion Kinight (shortened to Onion Kid in the fan translation due to space constraints) was the default job class you start out as.

17. DeMatador

DeMatador Active Member

*applauds*

18. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

And none of you noticed... "Five of which are Shiva, Ifrit, Bahamut, Leviathan & Bahamut."

>.>

19. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Nobody really reads what Cahos says

20. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

actually i dont think chocobo's are horse birds but some type of canary ostrich hybrid :eek:

if your wondering about the other FF's as well like Tactics, Dirge, or others im not really sure when Tactics came out but i know i played it when it did and i can garuntee that Tactics advance came out after Tactics and A2 came out after Tactics Advance ;D