1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ONLY legend of zelda cheats won't show up on r4i.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by epariru, Jan 2, 2011.

1. epariru

epariru Member

Doesn't that sound strange? But it's true. As most of you know, usercheats are what we use to put action replay codes. My usercheat consists of cheats only for four games. Not alot, because I like to make my own usercheat. Anyway, I just recently purchased a r4i sdhc v1.41 with wifi (red box)and received it in mail today. I'm currently using it on a DS lite. Tomorrow, I'll be getting a dsi at the store. (I doubt that using a ds lite with this cartridge is the source of the problem though.)

These are the games that I'm using cheats on;
    - Pokemon Black
    - Final Fantasy; Four Heroes of Light
    - Mario & Luigi; Bowser's Inside Story
    - The Legend of Zelda; Spirit Tracks.

All of these games BUT legend of zelda cheats show up. For some reason, there is apparently 'no cheats for this game'. But how can that be? I put all cheats on the same usercheat.dat and put it in the same place I've always had, in the 'R4iMenu' folder. I checked the cheat code editor and yes, Zelda's cheats are very much present in that usercheat.dat. Can anyone explain to me what could be the cause of this?

I'm no newbie at this r4 business. I've handled an r4 III clone, but that's still a pretty simple cartridge. But I can probably figure things out. So please feel free to get technical with me.

Whew, talked alot. aha. :)

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

you need toe dit the ID of the game on your cheat file, tehre is aprogram for it, but i dont remember its name, you see every patched game has a different ID that its original game and not always said patched game is included on the cheat list.

the name of the program is r4CCE click on this line to get to yasu site, and download it from there, now in order to switch the id you need to open your cheat data base, click on the ... next to where you see the ID of the game, switch it,a nd you are done, save and you can use TLOZ cheats.

3. epariru

epariru Member

I thought the same thing too. And no need to go to yasu's site. There is actually a ID check on the cheat code editor program itself. It looks like a binoculars with a yellow question mark. Which I forgot to mention, I've already checked and matched the ID to the nds file on the usercheat. But the legend of zelda cheats still won't show up.

4. Duncan Idaho

then its the infamous problem of the R4, try erasing shovelware games out of the cheat database, or try running ysmenu, you see the problem is that the R4 wont read very large cheat databases and it will display random cheats instead of each game cheat, so either get ysmenu running, erase the shovelware games out of the db or patch the r4 firmware, last method its uknown to me so its better if you ask around if you chose to go that way

5. epariru

epariru Member

Well. I just ordered a nice Acecard 2i just now. Thanks for the cooperation.

6. Duncan Idaho

no problem