1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Online help (TTDS/DSTT)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sleepysonic, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleepysonic

Sleepysonic Member

I recently downloaded two games :
    -Advance wars : Dual Strike
    -Advance wars : Dark Conflict / Day of Ruin

They have online/download play in the menu but they don't work for me. I try to connect but the ping indicator (that 4 bar thingy Red, Yellow, Green, Green) stays in the red and doesn't move up. On the menu they don't have the Download Play icon so I figured that a new firmware update would fix that but Advance Wars DS was out 2005 and they would have fixed it by now. Is that the same for everyone else or is it just me?

Oh yea, and I'm new to the forums so HI! :D

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

First, please tell us which cart you are using, R4, M3? ect.

3. Sleepysonic

Sleepysonic Member

Says TTDS (Top Toy DS) in title ;)

New flash cart, similar to the R4

4. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Oh right sorry ive never heard of it, I guess you learn something new every day. It is likely that its incompatable and probably wont work with DL and play. If you have trimmed the roms then try with an untrimmed copy. Also there might be a patch or something but I wouldnt know.

5. Sleepysonic

Sleepysonic Member

By patch do you mean firmware update or something else? I'm pretty sure this game is compatible with the TTDS. It's supposed to have the best compatibility out of all the flash carts out there.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, a patch is something that is applied to a rom file. Do you have any evidence that your flashcart is the most compatable? if it is a new device then that sounds a fairly suspicious claim, to be honest.

7. Sleepysonic

Sleepysonic Member

So how do I get these patches?
    Most reviews I've read say that it has 'very good' - 'best' compatibility including download play.
    Anyway, games that have the 'download play compatible' icon also don't work online for some reason. The only one that works is Mario kart ???

Does anyone have a TTDS around here anyway? It seems to be all about the R4 and M3 around here.

8. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Because R4 and M3 is the best around

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

My friend has an DSTT. I can ask him to put on the Advanced Wars and get him to bring it round.

10. Sleepysonic

Sleepysonic Member

Alright, thank you. Make sure its the newer AW (days of run/dark conflict)

Edit : Just got MPH and it works fine on Wifi. It seems like 1st party nintendo games are the only ones that work fine.

11. myproduction123

myproduction123 New Member

Hi!
    This is my first time downloading and may I ask if there is a programme I must download and load it in my micro SD before downloading more games? :D

btw, I am also using DSTT and I m totally nuts about this..

thank you!

12. Ashikune

Ashikune Member

Hey, I use a TTDS as well (Firmware v1.08, which is the latest). Advance Wars - Days of Ruin works perfectly for me, and I've played multiplayer mode countless times without a hitch. First off try downloading the latest firmware off this website and updating your TTDS. If that doesn't work, redownload a copy of the game(s) you tried. Hope this helps. Cheers. :)

13. Mario94

Mario94 Well-Known Member

Ive also got a ttds and all the games work fine for me....

I use WinRar to extract the roms.... is there any other programs i could use to extract them...
    =]

14. anandjones

7-Zip etc.

15. neim81094

neim81094 Active Member

lmao bro instead of all this technical bull, it could just b ur internet connection lol dude roms wont load if its corrupt, actualy they dont even show :) i have a tti also

16. anandjones

They are fine if they extract with no errors.

17. joshrocks309

joshrocks309 Well-Known Member

ok i have one and i had this problem..its ur memory card..how big is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.