1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Onemanga Gone

Discussion in 'General News' started by yomo222, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yomo222

yomo222 Well-Known Member

OMG Manga Publishers Are Shutting Down Onemanga!!

2. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

pretty sad indeed,i will miss watching naruto in onemanga :(

3. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

No other sites have Katekyo Hitman Reborn.... (I think)
    It was nice when it lasted .

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

They are not going to shut it down silly, only all the manga will be removed, plus, they have planned something for it as well.

5. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Too bad.
    Guess I better finish what I currently read first before it got removed.

6. bunnybag

bunnybag Well-Known Member

Any info on what they will be planning?
    Now I'll have to go read my manga from somewhere else D=

7. kammithecamel

kammithecamel Well-Known Member

That news totally killed my mood yesterday. At least there's still Manga Fox, but that site gives me viruses.

Why is there so much retaliation from media companies now? First Romu, now Onemanga, what's next?

8. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Nope, try checking the OM Forum. There should be more info at there.

9. c740

c740 Well-Known Member

Just posting the news here as well in case people somehow missed it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zabi on the main site
    It pains me to announce that this is the last week of manga reading on One Manga (!!). Manga publishers have recently changed their stance on manga scanlations and made it clear that they no longer approve of it. We have decided to abide by their wishes, and remove all manga content (regardless of licensing status) from the site. The removal of content will happen gradually (so you can at least finish some of the outstanding reading you have), but we expect all content to be gone by early next week (RIP OM July '10).

So what next? We're not really sure at this point, but we have some ideas we would like to try out. Until then, the One Manga forums will remain active and we encourage all of you to continue using them. OMF has developed into a great community and it would be a shame to see that disappear.

Regardless of whether you stay with us or not, on behalf of the One Manga team, I would like to thank you all for your unwavering support over the years. Through the ups and downs you have stuck with us, and that is what kept us going.

As a certain Porky was fond of saying... That's all folks!

Time for me to go lay down and let this all sink in.

- Zabi
    And for some of you who were wondering, yes, 1000Manga will have its manga removed as well.

Also like to slip in my own thanks to all of you people here too for all the overwhelming support you have given us. We honestly never thought we'd get this far when the site opened up. But hopefully we'll be able to figure something out for the site's future so this may not goodbye just yet.

EDIT TO ADD:
    The forums will remain open and active, nothing is going to immediately change here. There is a suggestions thread here for folks to offer ideas about what OneManga.com should do with the front page, but for the forums it's going to be business as usual.

10. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

ONE MANGE is going down? OMG!!!! I gotta tell all of my Manga and Anime reading/watching friends about this! This is just sad. :(

11. deank27

deank27 Well-Known Member

mangareaders.net have hitman reborn, i think they update frequently, they're already in 299 just like onemanga

12. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Yes, we will all miss ONE MANGE.

But that's already down.

Onemanga's goin now. XD

Honestly, never used it that much.

I read a bit o shonen jump, it was ok i guess. Kinda liked bobobo because of how well it parodied manga.

13. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

Let Manga live. *plays song "Let it go"* "You gotta let it, rock, let it roll, let it go, you really have to let it go, so come on let it rock, let it roll , let it go, you really have to let it go" try repeating that song over and over in your head and you will understand how i miss manga soo badly and it would be a shame to see it happen to anime. But it would be worst to see romulation shut down.

14. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

For fucks sake people. Rant is coming up.

What the hell is it with this "shut down" of all sites. Just because a site is required to remove part of it's content does not mean it's shut down, if you actually read the message they put on the site you'd see that they say they have ideas on what to do now, so clearly they're not closing the website. The whole shut down gushing is fucking pathetic and sensationalistic. There were no police raids, law suits or covert operations. At the most they got an email requesting the take down of content, more likely they're just reacting to the current climate and other sites and doing it pre-emptively.

Every time you post about RomUlation, OneManga or some other site being "shut down" I weep for the stupidity and the NEED for drama you have.

The few places that have actually been shut down would be sites like NinjaVideo who had their domain forcefully taken away.

15. Fantasy_Freak

Fantasy_Freak New Member

As Anime & Manga are becoming more and more mainstream. Publisher's seem to be licensing all they can now, and view scanlations as stealing even if it isn't released in the U.S.

Also, it isn't shutting down. Just removing it's manga which I'm sure will end up slowing down alot of it's traffic.

16. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well i'll be keeping it on my bookmark. who knows maybe their will return one day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.