1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Olympics

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Asitaka, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Asitaka

Asitaka Active Member

10 more days until the Olympics begin, and I just saw my first 'forecast' by a journalist of how many medals Japan will win... 5 gold + d (last year they had 19)
    So, thought it'd be cool to see what other people think of the countries in the Olympics, How many and Which Country?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Of course some New Zealanders will be entering, such as Sara Ulma and Hamish Carter (I think) and the rowing twins, forgot the names. Mind you, I don't really watch the olympics.

3. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

I might go to watch the Olympics with my father, as he has some work in Beijing so he will probably go to Shanghai and then try to catch a train to Beijing.

4. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

to be honest I dont think anyone will win any medals, 2 days into the games they will all die of carbon monoxide poisoning, thats my prediction anyway.

5. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

I agree.
    But seriously, Jamaica will win the 100, 200 and 400m events in both men and women.

6. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

China will win everything....

Yes....everything

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Screw the Olympics!

I'm pretty sure my country's Athletes will be screwed over again by the officials :p

8. kanwarrulz_123

Probably the condition at Beijing is hopeless, the games will be poised for a while, as of what CCTV said this earlier week, probably Beijing can get out of this problem only when they take out their industrial outputs. Their could have hosted the games at Shanghai which is a much more appealing and less polluted area.

As for the medals, China and America are the favourite ones but most likely my part of side going to China. My country, Australia will likely win hard 2 or 4 medals this year. China has an advantage over its population that is they are many people to choose from, good athletes, and of course their huge growing economy. What do you think is London going to be a good host or Beijing?

9. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

The Air will explode when the fireworks go in the air, because of the smog...

10. anandjones

That's great, there's quite a lot of hype about the Olympics, there's even McDonalds cups and special burgers. Coverage will probably be quite bad though.

11. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

because the cameras can't see through the smog.....

12. anandjones

Exactly.

13. kanwarrulz_123

The news reporters on CCTV say that smog has disappeared and will likely not occur in the coming 20 days.

14. anandjones

Just watched a bit yesterday, the opening ceremony was awesome, also the random blocks in the middle were actually people underneath, which was pretty cool.

15. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I was watching on CCTV, until they freaking disconnected all of Imus, then i was forced to watch on RPN...

I thought the human brushes were cool,painting while dancing was awesome, and the poppung up boxes were predictable, but the flowers made it cool, I knew people were under the whole time.

The Tai Chi was awesome, all of them did it at the same time >.>

Did they practice for 4 years o.o?

16. anandjones

Probably, most of them were probably under heavy "training" and practice.

17. romz_mark

romz_mark Well-Known Member

I watched it last night and those drummers were awesome. The Chinese team nearly took up a third of the stadium. :eek:

18. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

NZ did pretty well in some rowing heat today, they came from behind to beat Bahrain, was pretty cool. Still awaiting the track & field events though :D Jamaica FTW! :p

19. anandjones

NZ actually won a few heats yesterday (or was it Today, unsure of the time difference), hey you're not a NZer!

20. aquaboy123

aquaboy123 Active Member

Hah china has 6 in 2 days woot for the hosts... But its all about phelps he got 6 gold already on a quest for more. I think he will get atleast 4 these games woot.