1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Oldies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeremiah, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Well-Known Member

Anybody here like oldies music? (i.e: Paul Anka,Tom Jones,Bobby Vinton,Johnny Tillotson,The Platters,etc.) Basically music from the 40s-90s? From Jazz,Disco,Crooners and Old Pop... and Old COUNTRY ::)

And yes... kinda strange for a teenager to like oldies?

2. sickgenocide

sickgenocide Active Member

im a big fan of stevie wonder, from 'My cherie amour' to 'As' oldies iz wer itz at son!

3. silverkitty2012

silverkitty2012 Well-Known Member

I love oldies! Everything too. From Lina horn to Otis Redding. Beatles to Elvis. I am a major Dean Martin fan and when i need a pick me up, i listen to bob marley's "three little birds." All music, to me, is a soul's expression through sound.

4. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

not really, the age of music doesnt matter.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Add me up on the list of oldies music lovers :)

6. Supie

Supie Well-Known Member

Oldies Music!!! Now that what I call music,not this crap they have out now.

7. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Thats fairly ignorant... if you look past the xfactor/simon cowell/disney ruled charts, you'll see that at the moment music is the best it has been since the late 80's.

8. sickgenocide

sickgenocide Active Member

ive been living in tokyo, fuchu for a while now. i cant stand japanese music, especially j pop.

9. Jeremiah

Used to like J.Pop, just categorize it as "Whoooo GAMING Music" usually listen to oldies anyway ::)

10. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I like them too,since I've been listening to those for quite some time.
    There's this radio station here caled Lite&Easy which plays old songs and my parents always listen this station when they're sending me to school,guess that's how I started to like it :p

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I like the old music!

There is a radio station near my area that plays songs from the 20s-60s classics. It's pretty interesting to hear what the songs used to be like 50 or so years ago.

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

only you, sealed with a kiss, tell laura i love her and untown girl is some of my favorite.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

So is Soulja boy your idea of "Good Music"? :p

Or how about those other trash rap songs that have been churned out these days, do those wrack up against, say Elvis' songs, or Frank Sinatra's or the Beatles or heck Metallica? :p

I tell you, most of the music this first decade of year 2000 are all crap.

That also includes "try hard" stupid come back albums by singers &/or bands from decades ago. As an example, though I love Depeche Mode I only dig their 80's stuff as that's when they sounded good, but their recent albums, ugh! "Stay with your era guys, people like you for who you were then. Trying to fit in with today's crowd is just making you look stupid".

14. Jeremiah

Anybody know what song this is? One of the lyrics is "Girl, why you look so sad?" It kinda sounded like Barry Mannilow and I find nothing with Google...

15. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

soulja boy up in this whatever, something something, superman dat hooo!!!! or whatever

Woo, that is definitely classic music right there.

I hate Soulja Boy and crank dat, with a passion.

16. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

quiet riot

17. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Would you believe I have the Saturday Night Fever record in my record player right now?

18. Bhepster

Bhepster Member

Elvis Presley is the King. Jimi Hendrix is God.

19. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

beatles and queen....

20. grf

grf Member

I know I'm probably gonna get flak for this but I think the beatles are the most overrated band of all time. Elvis was indeed the king but Jerry Lee Lewis and Jonny Cash should not be overlooked. Chet Atkins...oh man what a guitar player.
    Dunno who soulja boy is but thanks for making me laugh sylar1000. Is that a real lyric? Do these rappers not go through any kind of education process? I should maybe start a thread to try and discover why so many people think it's so cool to speak English so badly.
    superman dat hooo!!! lol...:)