1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Old School Cheat Codes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fennyariel, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

Do the old school cheat codes work on the ePSXe? Like for instance: 100 GEX lives -- Up, Circle, Triangle, Down, Right, Square, Down? I've tried them before and either I did it wrong or they just plain didn't work. Could somebody pleas tell me which it was?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The cheat code is a button combination built into the game, then it will work, it's part of the game.

3. Fennyariel

Well if it's supposed to work then I guess I'm just doing it wrong because it doesn't. But I could swear I'm doing them right. Or maybe I just went to a bad site with lousy codes?!

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

www.gamefaqs.com

The only other thought is that you didn't configure the buttons correctly-I use a pc controller than looks like a psx controller.

The codes work on my iso of mortal kombat trilogy :)

The only time when a cheat fails on emulation is when a feature cannot be emulated (ie let's say pokemon stadium you can clone pokemon via transfer pak, but since it can't be emulated, can't be done)...

Also-keep in mind that (rarely) some regions of games have differing codes...

What game is it-if it's from here the codes from that site should work-unless it say's "pal only" or something like that.

5. Fennyariel

The old original Gex! ;v)

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Should work. http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/3do/code/584394.html

7. Fennyariel

Sorry, those codes won't work at all. I'm playing it on the PSX

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Well, you said 'Original' Gex, so I assumed you were playing it on 3DO, not the later re-released versions. My mistake.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/code/915924.html

9. Fennyariel

I've already tried those and they don't work either. That's why I was asking my original question of is there something about doing these kinds of cheat codes on an emulator that's just not right. I'm not having a hard time finding codes. I'm trying to find out why they don't work on an emulator.

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Are you sure your Square Circle, X and Triangle button layout is correct in your controller configuration? It could be that you are just hitting the wrong buttons because they aren't in the normal places.

There is no reason these cheat codes should not work on an emulator, since they are coded into the game and are not some 3rd party cheating device like the Action Replay.

11. Fennyariel

Yes I'm sure! I'm using an xbox 360 controler and I matched the buttons up since they're both laid out in a diamond pattern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.