1. This forum is in read-only mode.

old rag

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Solidifier-Snake, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Solidifier-Snake

Solidifier-Snake Well-Known Member

In Golden Sun Dark Dawn, what does Old Rag do?
    I found it in Passaj somewhere.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Use it to do this:

Ivy: Passaj Mountain Climb.

Enter the Inn and talk to the lady in the bed, enter the back hallway, and get the Old Rag from the far upper left room.
    Give it to the lady, return to the table where you found the Old Rag, talk to the guy on the left.

Use the elevator to Passaj Mountain Climb, run to the far left.

No...I've not play the game....actually I did....only up to the first part in the beginning of the game until the part of the fog forest. After that I quit and go back to playing Dragon Quest. How I know about this...well Google....I copied it off a walkthrough guide made in a certain site....not telling you where cause its against romulation rules.

3. dedboy

dedboy Guest

If it's a rom/guide site, it's not so much a big deal. Gamefaq's isn't a big deal. Gamewinners either. The rules state no links to competing rom sites. However if the express intent or purpose is just to direct someone to a guide, it's fine.
    If you ever actually would like or need to let someone know, send them a PM instead. That way you're not posting anything on the body of the forum itself.

4. Prectorian

I know linking to a game guide is alright, but I'm just playing it safe because I got in trouble before for linking to a site in the forum and unintentionally breaking a rule that I've no idea exsist. But I think giving him the part in the spoiler is more than sufficient. Unless he ask for more info, then I'll send him the link instead if that happen.

5. dedboy

dedboy Guest

True. To be frank, you'd be surprised at how many people don't know how to use a search engine though :p

Your spoiler was more than adequate. I was elaborating on other people's posts as well. Some are afraid to post any links regarding gaming sites, or guides as well.

Sending a PM, if you feel the link would breech the sites rules is fine. You've been here longer than I have, so in that respect you already know this.

6. Prectorian

Actually not really. I've been a member of this site since 2007, but only recently I became active in the forum. I just broke a rule yesterday or the day before for linking 3 rom sites in 2 seperate post in a single rom request section that I respond to. I had no idea there're such rule in romulation until the other members bring it to my attention. I immediately comply and delete my posts, I even asked Loonylion about the rules regarding posting links so that I know what I may or may not do. That's why I'm more cautious in posting links from now on.

Yes, passing links that are not allow to be post openly via PM is allow by the Mods.

And yes....many people didn't even take the time to research through the search engines. Some members here are even too lazy to look the the 1st post to look for updates. In fact...I'm watching them fighting about it in the Golden Sun forum in the last 20 pages. ::)

7. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Loony is the best one to ask. If he or Seph says it's ok, it's fine. It's a judgment call though. When you posted them links, did a mod come down on you? Or was it mainly the other members? Some of the members tend to overreact a bit much. The key emphasis here is on "Competing Rom sites." Some of the other members get away with posting some of that Japanese animation BS. And some of it is either graphic, or sexually explicit.

The rom request section is moderated more or less by itself.
    I would advice you to not put yourself in harms way though. Do not post any links to any roms anymore. The ESA came down on this site, and I suspect they tend to watch from time to time. I've helped people with links before, but the way I figure it is, if someone wants it bad enough, they'll figure out how to use Google. No need to put yourself in the line of fire, at least for rom links to help someone.

Just my advice. Nothing more, nothing less.

8. Prectorian

Thanks for the constructive advice. Loody did said its not allow, and even explain to me how the correct procedure should have been done, which was not followed by most members from the start as like you said, people are to lazy to look for it first before asking. But lucky for me, the members that brought the rule to my attention informed the mistake politely.

9. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Much obliged. Thanks for helping out that kickerz female with her flashcard purchase.
    that kind of help is always needed, and good sound advice is usually muddled these days.
    The members of this site are quite polite. The user base age average is young, yet they show maturity when helping people out. I just don't always agree with their delivery, but that is just me I suppose. thankfully there are intelligent members, such as yourself, to balance out the wash.

Golden Sun Dark Dawn is quite good, albeit a bit short for me. The bosses were on the easy side.. I hope the OP of this topic is having more fun with it than I did.

10. Prectorian

I wasn't much of a help actually, if you hadn't step in to respond on his questions about online shopping, I'd be loss. I have never buy anything online. I was really glad you step in at that time. I'd say we both did the best we could to assist him to get his daughter the perfect christmas present.

11. dedboy

dedboy Guest

So we did. You give good sound advice though, so don't discredit yourself. keep up the good advice, we need more users like you.

12. Prectorian

Thanks, I will. Its been a pleasure talking with you. I've got to go for now. Be back later. Bye.