1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Old manga vs New manga

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by allkratos, Jan 9, 2010.

1. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

It's obvious from the title i want you guys opinion about it.
    For me ,Mangas like Akira,Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind are better than Naruto,One Piece,Bleach.I see that those two are better in many aspects.Namely creativity,drawings,pacing,and of course complexity.
    Fangirl please keep it civil if you want to bash me.

2. vkidd206

vkidd206 Well-Known Member

dont get this forum

3. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

RAAAAAAAAA BASH BASH BASH BASH BASH
    I think you meant anime

anyway, it really depends on the person, like me, I love Evangelion which is an old show, but I cant stand other old shows except Flame of Recca. Between an old one and a new one, I'll rather watch a new one

4. riksa90

riksa90 Well-Known Member

Evangelion even isn't that old. I agree with allkratos, old manga were just more in depth and more society critizing and trying new things to develope art. Modern industry doesn't support it. They just want a good opening chapter, and then chapter per week/month, and the new chapter is done on based of fan feedpack from the last chapter. It doesn't really promote planning on deep, complex plotlines.

Barefoot Gen, Akira and even Devilman (&co) just carry more and deeper message than the modern wave of a) kill them all b) pantsu/boobs - series

There are always expections, but today mainstream is just all about sales. And unfortunately sex and violence sells.

5. crazytuna

no riksa, these days, moe sells
    didn't you see K-On! ?, pointless show in the world, but it still was one of the most sold animes of the season

and everything before 2000, before the Great Anime Boom is old for me

6. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Yeah..the drawings in Akira were revolutionary in my opinion.I mean look at the details of each panel/page of the manga...and of course the story was grandiose...i mean thought provoking..

7. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

IIRC Eva is from 1995 or 1996... that pretty old to me.

8. crazytuna

he probably had Shin-Chan in his head when he said that :p