1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ok so pokemon wont work on my cart (dont ask) What is the BEST R4 cart out there

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by McGann10, Mar 10, 2011.

1. McGann10

McGann10 Member

As the title says i have got a cart from R4iSDHC.COM
    Apparently pokemon will NOT work on this cart so im looking for the next best resolution (than buying the game lol)

What is the best R4 cart out there wherre i can just put games on it and not have to load a TTMenu or YSMenu or Wood? Just put the rom on and im good to go, any feedback would be great.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

R4 originals are most upto playing the game as is, But yet again YSMenu are WoodR4 has no issues with R4 original cards

All cards do need a firmware installed and they also get updated to <- they is no just ready to go

Sorry but this is just the way it is

Most go for acekard but i have nether had one to say

Hope this helps

3. McGann10

McGann10 Member

Ok seems like i am going to have to change my question then what one is the best one to run Pokemon Black/White (Europe) on?

4. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

The only card that you can get which will play black and white without any patches for now is Supercard DSTWO, and that costs $35, so hope you're wallet's a little fat, kid :D You should still update your firmware, so you can play games with cheats, real time guides and save/load states but even if you don't everything will run in clean mode, bypassing any and all APs for DS games ever. DSTWO also has extra RAM that you can use to play SNES, GBA and MAME games that you can't on any other flashcart. I have one and it's well worth the extra cash.

One thing to always remember is that R4 isn't the ONLY flashcart ;)

5. doughboy

doughboy Guest

buy another card...

6. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Some clones actually are better than the original such as the one I have.....

7. totallydood

totallydood Guest

The original R4DS cart with Wood firmware is the best R4 cart out there, but like personuser said, there are other flashcarts besides the R4. Get a Super Card DSTWO if you want 100% ROM compatibility and some extras, or an Acekard 2i if you want an easy cheap solution. I'm sure all ROMs work on AK2i with patches.

8. toilet seat

toilet seat Member

Have you tried YSMENU?

9. McGann10

McGann10 Member

Yes that didnt work, any new ideas?