1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ok, I need some help: "You need to format G:/ to continue".

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Rod182, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

Here's the thing: I was about to change my microSD files when the Strange Journey R4 protection was broken, but as soon as I connect the microSD to my PC and notebook I see that terrrible message: "G:/ is not formatted. Would you like to do so now? YES/NO" Thing is, even though I usually make a backup of my saves every time I change the files, this has been the first time in YEARS since I has last played so much things on my DS. A TON of custom minigames in Wario D.I.Y. were made, about 15 hours in SoulSilver, my bro's almost finishing Infinite Space... if anything, this is the WORST time it could have happened and those are saves I reeeeally don't want to lose.

The weirdest thing comes next: instead of formatting G:/ I decided to put it back on my R4, "hoping" I would get a "Couldn't find SD card" of corrupted files... and to my surprise, they were as good as ever were. No save issues, games work correctly, not a issue to be found. The heck?

So, now I'm left wondering if there is ANY way I could have access to my microSD files without having to format it. The DS' proven me they are still there all fine and dandy, so I just need to know if it is possible for me to access them and "save my saves". I don't even care if I have to format later, as long as I can still keep them.
    Thanks in advance!

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Try inserting into another slot or use a different computer

3. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

Tried 2 different USB slots on my PC, and 2 on my laptop as well as its SD reader. No luck, same result in all of them. =/

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Once you format the card, you could try using a file recovery program to see what you can recover.
    I don't know a good free one, but you could check www.downloads.com and see which exist.

5. v27pig

v27pig Well-Known Member

i take it that theres not an option of continue without formatting?

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If the card is corrupted, it will have to be formatted before your computer will recognize it.

7. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

http://www.easeus.com/download.htm
    try that. I had the same thing and turns out my files were still safe so i
    recovered them, formatted my card, the placed the card back on.

8. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

Ok, I've tried putting my SD card after my bro's played some games, and... it worked normally, no prompt screen or anything! PLAIN BIZARRE!

Anyway, I backed up my saves and formatted it before putting the files back in, just in case... even so, thanks for the help and links, guys. I'll keep them bookmarked in case this happens again. :)

9. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

Np took me forever to look for that program when mine got
    corrupted just happy to help