1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Oh Sh!t!

Discussion in 'General News' started by Almo, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Proposed anti-piracy strategy grants authorities almost unlimited powers to invade citizens privacy

Wow, this is some sad, shocking, and vile news. Recent leaked information points the Canadian Conservative Government a participating member in international talks (aka G8 neocon agenda meetings) to develop a new international anti-piracy agreement under the guise of an anti-counterfeiting shroud. The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement would see Canada join the U.S. and the European Union in a coalition against copyright infringement. The leaked anti-counterfeiting strategy purportedly originated from the U.S. government. The talks, taken behind closed doors so that regular people don’t get to know about until it’s too late, will grant almost unlimited powers for the police and government to monitor any and all activities of Canadian file-sharers.

The legislation will encourage ISPs to monitor the online activities of their customers, and report any and all activity that may infringe copyright law. The agreement covers the copying of information or ideas in a wide variety of contexts. For example page three, paragraph one is a “Pirate Bay killer” clause designed to criminalize the non-profit facilitation of unauthorized information exchange on the internet. Border guards and other public security personnel could become copyright police under the deal. They would be charged with checking laptops, iPods and even cellphones for content that “infringes” on copyright laws, such as ripped CDs and movies. The guards would determine what infringes copyright. The agreement says any copied content would be open for scrutiny — even if it was copied legally. This new agreement goes way beyond the bound of reasonable, it’s Orwellian, unethical, police-state and Nazi-ideologist. I will do everything in my power to educate the public about this horrible modern atrocity that could come to realization if we do not take a stand immediately. This effects everyone, not just Canadians, this agreement is international covering Japan, Switzerland and the European Commision.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.ipjustice.org/acta

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

SCREW THEM!!

I wanted to say something more vulgar, but the PG-13 thing,

Anyway, that's not right, if they'll do that they're going to have to fight the entire world!

Yeah & thanks Almo, spread the word!

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Never let the US take part in something international, they'll derail it for their own purposes. as far as I knew the G8 was about helping 3rd world countries.

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

o.k...so where can i protest agasit this?

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

www.ipjustice.org/acta

6. calvin_0

do those site works?

7. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

:)
    piracy sucks...

8. Loonylion

so what are you doing on a pirate ROM website?

9. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

i mean.... er.....
    dvd piracy :) i think??
    yea but i dont really download much... i mean, check my history, last successful download was??

10. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Remeber those Anti Piracy commercials on DVD, you wouldn't steal a car, etc.

Yeah.> I saw taht on a pirated CD >.>

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Well I'd steal a Car, IF I had Doraemon's 4th Dimensional pocket & his "Doorway to Anywhere" Door ;D

12. calvin_0

well i dont get it what the big deal for piracy......

i mean sure people download a movie or two, but people will allways paid to watch a good movie.

-Transformers
    -Pirates of the Caribbean
    -Rambo 4
    -Superman
    -Idiana Jones

I watch all those movie in the cinema, and guess what...i'm not the only one, those movie have a full house, in MALAYSIA the piracy utopia.....so what? if your movie is good, you wont loss a peny.

13. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

lol im probably one of the biggest movie pirates there is, but hell even I know that if I dont support the industry then future movies wont get made. So if I really like a movie ill buy it, simple as that. The problem with this law is that its basically giving your ISP unrestrained permission to monitor what you do and invade your privacy, say for example your ISP decides that downloading a ROM, even if you do buy the game if you like it, is illegal. Its likely you will have your internet severed and a hefty fine land on your doorstep.

14. Void

Void Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just saying.

15. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

That would suck. There's been plenty of news on this, I hope my ISP won't take up the action.

16. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

Crap, I guess I shouldn't be taking my laptop to these places then. Time I have over 100 CDs ripped on there, even though I own them, I can't imagine that they wouldn't be suspicious.

17. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

I know this is bad but I dont get half of it the article and its too long and complicated... can someone sum it up for me in a few short words...

18. chaoslordsokar

chaoslordsokar Well-Known Member

Its the sum of all your worst nightmares put together dude. It's like this, anything you dont actually own an original of, but download of a website is illegal [ excluding freeware,shareware or opensource]the thing is, before, we used to get away with it, download the latest movie releases, or a new game thats already patched. All thats about to change man, nowadays ISP's are going to be logging what you're downloading/uploading so if get or post something illegal they gonna nail your nuts to the wall. Oh and, thebass324, it doesn't matter where you are, you still log onto the internet through your ISP, so they can always see what you're up to.Think you should get yourself a new CLEAN laptop if you really want to keep your stuff safe, you don't really know what these d***heads are up to.

19. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

QFT. What gives them the right to do this? It violates the Fourth Amendment of the United States Bill of Rights!

20. Loonylion

And you think that is going to stop them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.