1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Odd Questions about OFW

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Devilkid32176, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

ok, first off i've had a PSP for quite awhile but never been able to figure out how to softmod (no not my question :p) from what i have been told, that there are certain ways to download the iso's or eboots or whatever the psp game images are called.

so i would like to know this:

1. with official firmware (OFW) can you download any of the PSP game images & run them on OFW?
    2. is there a way to copy the games with the original firmware?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

1. No, only if you buy the game via PSN.

2. No

You need to have a low firmware, 5.03 or lower to be able to hack your PSP without the use of a Jigkick battery and an MMS.

3. mrlemmons1

mrlemmons1 Well-Known Member

official firmware is just the update sony makes once in a while to fix glitches and AP. hence: "official."
    thats why you need a low OFW, and you need CFW. (custom) to softmod.
    there are many guides in the tutorials section about softmodding the psp and etc. you should look there!

4. Devilkid32176

well, unlike alot of people, i have the lastest firmware thanks to my Girlfriend :( and i can't find a pandor battery or
    anyone who has it in my area :( i would be very happy if someone did have it :)

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

DealExtreme sells them for $5.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472

And what PSP version do you have?

6. Devilkid32176

well, there is a slight problem with that, i can't order stuff online right now >__>
    i have the latest version which is 6.35 i think

7. Upaut

Upaut Well-Known Member

That's not what he asked for. Is your PSP a Phat (1000), Slim (2000), or Go (3000)?
    Also, there's two versions of the Slim, but without using PSPTool, it'd be a little hard to tell.

8. Devilkid32176

i got the phat version, the 1000 model

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You can hack it with a Jigkick Battery and a Magic Memory Stick with no problem. (Those two combined make a Pandora Battery)

10. Devilkid32176

theres a problem i tried to make a pandor battery out of the one i have but it has silicon on the top of the circuits, so i cant cut anyhing :( and gamestop only sells the 2000 model batteries

main reason i have been looking in my area to find with a pandora setup, so im up shit creek without a paddle

11. Upaut

Upaut Well-Known Member

Yeah. Unless you can order one online, you're kinda' screwed for switching over. Sorry.

On the bright side, you can still...oh wait. 6.35? Nevermind. Was going to say you could use HBL/ChickHEN, but that option uses lower firmwares. Still, all it'd do for you is give you access to homebrew.