1. This forum is in read-only mode.

odd question about GBA expansion card

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Devilkid32176, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

ok, im wondering because, well i wanted to play most of the gba games like normal, and i was wanting to know,
    if i have this card, would i be able to connect to games like pokemon D/P/Pt/HG/SS with the R/S/E roms on it??

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

If one of those games is the game ya played last, it should still be held in SRAM, which means it "should" Work.

3. Devilkid32176

ok, could someone help me then, i found EZ Flash IV, is this the only one for the DS Phat edition? also if it is, could anyone point me to the firmware for it

4. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

You've got the wrong thing :p It's called EZ flash 3in1 :p

5. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

Ezf 3in1

From what ive read, you need to flash the gba game to the NOR memory- it will then read like an official gba cart for transfers-

(still waiting on mine- hate shipping anticipation)

6. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

as far as i know you need to patch the nds rom because the 3in1 has a different saving method or something, i haven't tried it yet myself but i think it only works with diamond and pearl

7. Devilkid32176

you sure about that ryan?? from what i got told, that i should have no problem connecting in between for this product, also this is what i found on both products:

EZ Flash IV:
    Code:
    EZ-FLASH 4 EZCart (GBA Size) features:
    256Mb PSRAM (32 Mbytes)
    384Mb NorFLASH (48Mbytes)
    32Mb Loader (4 Mbytes)
    8Mb saver SRAM (1Mbyte)
    Supports 512Mb - 8Gb (G Bits)

Simple cart for all your NDS and GBA needs. 

Works with miniSD. Supports both NDS (passcard required) and GBA ROMs. Works with slot1 flashcards and provide great GBA games support. 

EZ Flash 3in1
    Code:

EZ Flash presents the one stop expansion pack solution which integrates the 256Mbit GBA card/NDS Browser RAM Expansion Pack/NDS Rumble Pack into one cart. 

- Compatible with NDS and NDSL 

- 256 Mb (32 MB) of NOR Flash Memory

- 128 Mb (16 MB) of PSRAM

- 4 Mb (512 KB) of battery backed SRAM for save data

- Compatible with most GBA games(except which needs special hardware)

- Three advantages to compare with SDRAM/PSRAM GBA solution.
            1. the data still remain after power off.
            2. can be used as a standalone GBA card.
            3. perfect GBA/NDS linker

- Browser RAM expansion function: it uses the highspeed ram cache like the offical one

- Perfect compatible with NDS Browser(JAP/EUR)

- Rumble function: works with all official rumble enabled games, three level vibration strength adjust

- SDK also provide for third party developers.

8. Devilkid32176

ok, just recieved mine, and boy this takes the cake, all i got was just the cart, now im having to fend for myself since the site will not respond to me >__>

i mean i recieved my full order, except someone forgot to tell me the microSD does not work without a special adapter, which i don't have, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to get the microSD card adapter for the EZ Flash systems?

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The file systems you need are here - http://filetrip.net/f4753-EZ4-Client-2009-04-03.html

You'll need to patch every game that you get and put the saver/save or whatever folder onto your Micro SD/Mini SD card. It takes mini sd cards, so you'll need a 2 GB micro SD card with Mini SD Adapter or a 2 GB or lower Mini SD card.

And don't forget about the save files when you put them onto your cart because it'll corrupt your Micro SD Card. :p

There is no longer support for NDS games after 3XXX, so don't worry about the newer games if you were going to flash your DS with FlashMe.

10. Devilkid32176

im not after DS games on this >__> i wanted this for the GBA stuyff since the SCDS2 couldn't hit the spot for the GBA emulation >__<

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Those are the tools you need to play GBA and NDS games on the EZ 4. :p
    You need to patch EVERY game you play with that tool.

12. Devilkid32176

i have gotten the files, but i need to find a miniSD card adapter for it >__> which i have to order, thank you company of no name for screwing me >__>

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Here's one for cheap. - http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-MicroSD-MiniSD-Adapter-Package/dp/B000TLXCDW

14. Devilkid32176

yep, i ordered from there ^__^ thank you for helping me out

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Sweet! And no problem. :) And you have a 2GB or under Micro SD card right?

16. Devilkid32176

yeah, the company sent that, but not the adapter X_x and i finally got a response from a manager, stating this:

dear sir, it does not show anywhere on the EZFlash order page that it should come with a miniSD card, since a microSD card works for it

so, this statement shows their llack of english, and proper customer support, so i will order from shoptemp from now on >__>

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Jeeze...oh! And a fair warning. The time-based Pokemon games will always be in the daytime. No internal battery...

Where did you order from?

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

depends, the flashcart might emulate an rtc using the DS internal clock.

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I have one as well and it doesn't emulate the Internal clock for Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald.

Though...I can only imply that it is the EZ IV since it has a Mini SD slot...

Did you order an EZ IV? >.>

20. Devilkid32176

yeah, but im prepared for that with cht files >__> and yeah my ccard is an EZflash IV