1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ocarina of time and master quest difference

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by tiguiti, Jan 18, 2010.

1. tiguiti

tiguiti Well-Known Member

could someone tell me the difference in those 2 game???

sorry im french

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

master quest is harder and the dungeon layouts are different. (possibly reversed). Other than that, they're the same game.

3. tiguiti

what do you mean by ''harder''

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

im not sure exactly, I suppose the puzzles are more difficult and the enemies take more hits to defeat.

5. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

As someone who owns the game and has played through it, I'll answer...

The only difference between OoT and MQ are the dungeons. Period. The dungeon layouts are the same, but the puzzles within are different. For instance, the Deku Tree and Dodongo's Cavern have Song of Time blocks that weren't in the original, which means you'll have to backtrack just before you become an adult. As a result of the dungeons being changed, the Golden Skulltula locations within the dungeons also changed. The enemies did not get harder, however. It's the same engine, the same stats on enemies, everything. The only major difference you'll notice is if you got a launch copy of Ocarina (1.0), since Master Quest is based off of Ocarina 1.2, which fixed a lot of the glitches that made the endgame fun (such as Swordless Link), changed the emblem on the Mirror Shield, and Ganondorf spits green blood instead of red.

Think of it as the "Second Quest" of Ocarina.

6. tiguiti

ok,i will continue play Oot

sorry french

7. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

Désolé! Je ne parle pas beaucoup le français.