1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Obama WINS!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renji217, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Obama wins election in the USA making him the first African-American presedent. Good or Bad??

2. r4

r4 Member

good

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Same here, it would be good :)

4. Roy mustang

Roy mustang Well-Known Member

YAY FOR OBAMA

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

He got a good lead winning California over. Go Obama.

6. marcy

marcy Guest

I knew he would do it, yay. - good

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Landslide victory of 349 electoral college votes to mccains' 162. Either candidate would have have win the instant they hit 270 votes.

8. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

Good as the person he is, doesn't matter that he is African-American. This will probably cause an over flow of all races running in four years though.

9. marcy

marcy Guest

What is meant with 'African-American' anyways?
    Are you talking of his skin color?

I can overlook that he is a bit darker. (not really black anyways)

At least he is born in USA or else he wouldn't be allowed to candidate for presidentship.

He will do fine as president.

10. Loonylion

his father was Kenyan, so he is of direct African descent.

Now we just have to see if he can live up to what is expected of him.

11. marcy

marcy Guest

I know his mother is from USA and his father was from somewhere in Africa (didn't know it was Kenya), but since he is born in USA he's a full-fledged American.

I didn't hear anything about a citizenship in any African country so far.

It's not important where my ancestors were coming from or what they did.
    Only what I do counts.

Everybody's looking at him now, not at his parents.

12. Loonylion

its not citizenship that defines your nationality, Patton is Mexican despite holding a dual citizenship with the US. His parents are Mexican therefore he is Mexican. If I apply for a dual citizenship with the US or South Africa I'm still British, because both my parents are British. Likewise, Obama is African-American because of his parents.

13. HellBoyX1000

HellBoyX1000 Well-Known Member

good idea

14. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

How come they always make a big deal of Obama being black? He's 50% black, 50% white. Racism dictates that no matter how white someone is, as long as you have one little drop of black in you, they call you black.

^ Pet peeve.

President Obama! ;D

15. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I said the pledge to start my day for the first time in years.

I've spent the last several years of my life (in which I began to understand the world) hating what America had become, and what the Bush administration had done to the world. I also began to hate the south, which I still do (obesity, low education, and density of republicans follows a VERY HIGH TREND. These dumbfucks need to get out and stop dragging down my country). Moreso, though, I hated when people judged the United States for our shit government. But now that we have an intelligent leader, I see a bright future. We have a leader that cares about America's relation with the rest of the world (the rates of Europe's approval of Obama is fantastic), a leader who will work with people who know more than a primary school's level of economic reasoning, and a leader that will strive to improve the world, and not to carry our bizarre vendetta-based agendas. America has come a long way; it wasn't long ago that racial discrimination was alive and well in the United States. As one CNN reported late last night said, more or less, "Now black parents can turn to their children and say 'you can be anything; even the president.'" Today is a day in which history is made, in which the progression of a united world has become more true than ever. And I applaud McCain for taking the high road with his defeat last night, although his fans (whom look like they were the cast of The Hills Have Eyes) were nothing but stupid rednecks with eyes too close together. McCain is right though: It's time to come together and make our country a better place. Bush has left Obama with a massive amount of damage for redemption, and there's no guarantee things will turn for the better, even in his term. However, surely, choosing Obama over McCain was a step in the right direction. No matter where you live, your life will be somehow affected by Obama's presidency.

"To reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth that out of many we are one, that while we breathe we hope, and where we are met with cynicism and doubts and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: yes we can."

Absolutely inspiring victory speech. Yes we can. :)

16. Loonylion

I don't believe for a moment what the news are saying about America slamming the door on its racist past. Sure, a segment, maybe even most of America has, but look at the election map and notice that virtually all McCain's support is in the south, which has always been the most racist part of America. The media are trying to tell us that Obama being black is not the reason those states all voted for McCain, and I don't believe that. It may not have been the only reason, it may not have been a major reason in some states, but it was definitely a reason.

17. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is really saying Obama is winning is completely closing the door on a racist past, but it sure is a significant product of racial progression.

18. ph34rl355

ph34rl355 New Member

hows this for an answer?
    [​IMG]

19. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

OBAMA YES YES YES YES YES I WAS SO DAMN DRUNK LAST NIGHT HOMIES

20. Sodaseven

Sodaseven Member

I felt like if Obama lose the election Iraq war will be continuing for another 4 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.