1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Obama warns Socal Security checks may not be issued next month

Discussion in 'General News' started by timmy1991, Jul 15, 2011.

1. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I am absolutely appalled by this, I know it is not Obamas' fault directly, but he needs to get this sorted out as soon as possible. There are 5 people in my family who live mostly if not solely off heir Social Security beneifts, one of which is an amputee and the other mentally hadicapped.

All I have to say is, Obama had better fix this before August 3rd if he wants to stand any chance in the presidential campaign next year. Maybe he should use the $85 million he has collected for his campaign to help pay the promised benefits to the countries people.

I for sure will not be voting for him next year, due to this and the many other things he has screwed up in the last two and a half years

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/13/report-backs-obama-warning-that-social-security-checks-at-risk-in-debt-crisis/

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

How can obama fix this? it's congress's problem, they need to sort it.

3. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Not sure whether or laugh or to cry. Where ya been the last decade, buddy? I don't know if you're just being dramatic but maybe you just shouldn't vote next go around at all if this entirely indirect single issue is going to reflect your decision for a candidate with strictly limited knowledge of potential campaign opponents. What if you were to committed to voting Republican "by August 13th" and you ended up dedicating your vote to another fuckin' fundamentalist christian on principal?

Should people who are so god damn disconnected from reality that they believe Earth is 6,000 years old really lead the worlds biggest military force? This could be your fault when we all die of nuclear warfare when we have another George W. Bush who takes war advice from the voices in his head (God, if you'll believe it. Scary, if you won't.) Anyway, you will be the one to blame. Please reconsider voting recklessly.

Edit: Just kidding, voting doesn't change anything.

4. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Fox? Really? Freaking hell. Surely you realise just how biased Fox is. Surely you can identify the Republican agenda behind that article. Surely you can recognise the need to lower spending to pay off debt.

Mark my words, there WILL be another economic crash, and if your government can't borrow money then it will NOT be able to bailout failing corporations. And don't say that's not your fault or problem - the luxury and indulgence that drives capitalist society is unsustainable. Something's gotta give - you can slightly lower quality of life now, or you can eliminate it altogether later on. Which do you value more, the present or the future?

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

so Penn is right when he said "the social security pyramid is falling apart" in one of the bullshit episode...