1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nostalgia ds not working for R4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by wellz, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wellz

wellz New Member

Using r4(firmware 1.18) on the nds, the game hangs after the movie that comes when you finish the prologue mission. I'm getting a blank white screen or black screen when I press start to skip the movie, is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

2. HottSushiz

HottSushiz Well-Known Member

That's odd, it seems to work flawlessly on my R4. Though I'm using an unknown firmware that i downloaded to make Mario and Luigi to work, but with Homebrew it doesn't work which is lame.

3. englishteacher

englishteacher Well-Known Member

I'm also using R4 v1.18 but I don't have this problem, I already went to fifth dungeon in this game.

Maybe you should tried reformatting your SD Card, I'm also had same problem with another game I get white screen on a scene, even though it was working fine before on the same scene. I tried reformat my SD Card and the problem is solved.

4. wellz

wellz New Member

just tried reformatting, works fine now. Thanks a lot englishteacher!

5. Beef 2.0

Beef 2.0 Member

I'm having the same exact problem. And I have no idea what reformatting is, could someone please walk me through that or give me an alternate solution. If you did I would love you very much because I have been waiting for a long time for this game and not being able to play it makes me sad.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Connect your MicroSD to your PC. Backup any game and save files on your card. Backup the firmware as well, or download a fresh firmware from www.linfoxdomain.com/ds

By backup, I mean copy them onto a folder on your PC so you can restore them later.

Right click on your MicroSD and choose "Format"

Put the files back on your MicroSD.

7. Beef 2.0

Beef 2.0 Member

It works now, thanks a bunch

8. OmegaFlare2

OmegaFlare2 Well-Known Member

that's odd. I'm using r4 v1.18 with YSmenu. I didn't do anything to it to make Mario and luigi BIS work. I have the old, regular, r4 with YSmenu and Nostalgia works fine.

whoops. I see the problem is solved o.o how do I delete my post?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.