1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Non-working Rom

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Nemephosis, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Active Member

Hi guys. Had an account for a while, never really needed to post anything. First time for everything though! So I'm dropping in. :)

The Mario and Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story rom doesn't work. It sits on a white screen at the beginning. I'm using an AceKard 2i updated to work on a DSi 1.4U revision (currently playing on a DS Lite). It's not a DSi-only thing, is it?

2. warriorblade

warriorblade Well-Known Member

The Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story rom has a piracy protection. the piracy protection is also different from the jap version. So your gonna have to wait for the fix

3. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Active Member

Considering what I am paying for the game, I have absolutely no room to complain, it would seem. Thanks for the information, I guess there is nothing to be done except wait now.

When one is made available, where will it be found on the forum? Or will the ROM be reuploaded with the fix?

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

We only host clean (unpatched) ROMs here. You should check http://gbatemp.net/ regularly, that's where most of the fixes and whatnot are found from.

5. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Active Member

Okay, thanks very much. It's pretty hard to find the right section over there, given that they say all over the place that they don't provide ROMs, don't ask for ROMs, etc...

6. sadboy

sadboy Guest

patched arm 7 to mario and luigi and game opened up but save dont click. i checked all ds forums all carts crash at save so this means if it dosent get fixed all carts are doomed bye good luck.

7. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Active Member

well all I got was a white screen at start, didn't even run the game, so I guess I am alright then.

edit: "wekk akk"? That is what happens when you post at 4 AM.

8. sadboy

sadboy Guest

it will take time to be fixed but worked on pc emulator just play patched mario jap rom till it gets fixed

9. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Active Member

eh I can wait. I'd prefer playing the game in a language I can read.

Besides, Scribblenauts just dropped and I recently started Dragon Quest 4. I've got MORE than enough to hold me over until this gets sorted.

10. Juiceboy

Juiceboy New Member

been waiting for this game for so long...and its like a tease..i get to the new file screen and no sort of input will work. if i try the mic test it just becomes a white screen

11. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Active Member

Well there's a patch out, I just don't know how to use it. Trying to open the patcher just gets Windows telling me it can't open the NFO file or whatever...

edit: Oh wait, wait... I think I opened the wrong file. Take two!

Edit 2: Success, it patched. But it still didn't work... white screen.

edit 3: anansnjjasjhbasbjh

Is it alright if I ask someone to host a working one somewhere? I patch the thing, it still doesn't work... I'm doing it right, cause it says it's patching, then it's done... and it comes out with the "cracked" in the title of the ROM afterwards. And then it just DOESN'T work, it still sits at a white screen when I boot it.

12. djrykie

djrykie New Member

i have a simeler problem i need help with

i downloaded 'cloudy with a chance of meatballs' but it wont let me play it on my emulator or md N5
    Post Merge: [time]1252690184[/time]
    :(

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Please don't hijack other threads. Post your own topic.

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

here's a link to a patched version of the rom...i've played and it works great with ez flash vi

http://www.4shared.com/file/132091290/bd64c8aa/Mario_and_Luigi_-_Bowsers_Inside_Story__U__Patched.html?s=1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.