1. This forum is in read-only mode.

noah's ark found?

Discussion in 'General News' started by msg2009, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100428/twl-explorers-claim-noah-s-ark-found-on-41f21e0.html

what do people think of this?
    does anyone believe it really is noah's ark?

2. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

"A group of evangelical researchers" :\
    "carbon dating conducted on wood and stone from the site has revealed their age as 4,800 years old" Until further details are released, i think that this is highly suspect; it's a pretty big leap from "old wood and stone" to "mythical arc".
    I'm very sceptical to say the least. Is tiny pink text visible? Nope : )

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The mythical ark was made of wood and stone though.

Still, "evangelical" researchers...to the "non believers" it won't hold, but if they are just normal researchers who just focus on religious findings then it could very well be.

I do believe some events in the bible, I just think of other explanations, I'll skip the Jesus rant and just say that the flood for 40 days and 40 nights...Noah would have only got 40 types local wildlife (this it's self could just be 40 animals) as the flood might have only been around the local area anyway...

Short story-possibly the ark.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

a boat made from stone? very little stone floats. Plus the likelihood of wood lasting nearly 5,000 years is also questionable. The mary rose is remarkably well preserved for its age and theres less than half of it left. and its only a few hundred years old.

5. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

Noah's Ark is a fictional story with a moral attached to it. I believe the Catholic Church acknowledges this.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's less than 5000 years, 4000....

It was at the top of a mountain strangely so um...

[me=hYpNoS]is confused[/me]

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

4,800 == nearly 5,000

it will decay faster when exposed to the elements as opposed to being buried. Part of the reason the mary rose is in such (relatively) good condition is because it was buried in mud at the bottom of the sea.

8. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

wood and stone up a mountain....sounds more like some kind of dwelling then a boat

9. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

This is crap. They did the same with jesus' shroud.

10. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Remember when we "found" Jesus's tomb? Yeah.

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Some of China & Japan's UNESCO World heritage sites are made of Wooden structures that are 500+ years old. And some wooden Egyptian artifacts mostly tables & chairs & a few children's toys found inside the Pyramids date back to 3,000 B.C. . However the later used considerably good preservation techniques, that being the Pyramids being sealed well. So yeah, wood can last long so long as it is preserved effectively.

But the whole Noah's Ark bit....?

I'm very skeptical about their so called find.

I do believe in "The Great Flood" though as several other civilizations have their own "tales" (which are actual historical accounts that have been altered through generations of re-telling alongside adding "spiritual/supernatural" tones to a cataclysmic event in Earth's history) telling about it.

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

its just a piece of wood on mountain.... and every religious moron said its noah ark >.>

next thing you know, they'll show you 2 piece of rock with some scratch and they'll said its the original 10 commandment.

13. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

^ And it could happen in a few months.

14. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Next step is it will end up on ebay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.