1. This forum is in read-only mode.

No Save?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TheFreakinDuck, Jan 11, 2013.

1. TheFreakinDuck

TheFreakinDuck Well-Known Member

The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX. "Hey man, if you wanna save just press all the buttons at once." Sure it works on a Game Cart, it works on the 3DS Virtual Console version. So why is it when I press A, B, Start and Select at the same time on the ROM it won't save? :/

The save works on the regular Game Boy ROM though. For some reason, not on the Game Boy Color DX version ROM though. If anyone knows how to do an actual in-game save, I'd appreciate the information. Thanks in advance.

2. DeGladiator

DeGladiator Well-Known Member

Use a save state,maybe it will be easier and if you really want it to work try another emulator

I would recommend VisualBoyAdvance

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@TheFreakinDuck:

I hope you finally found the solution to this problem but in case you haven't yet let me first start by asking two *VERY IMPORTANT* questions:

1. Are you playing this ROM on your computer using a keyboard or a gamepad?

If you are using a keyboard do note that a keyboard can not accept multiple key press combinations such as "A, B, SELECT and START". Which is why in some emulators they give an "Assign key combo to a single button" option. If this is the case your best solution is to purchase a gamepad.

2. Which Gameboy emulator and what version are you using?

I highly recommend you use VBA-M which you can get here:

http://vba-m.com/forum/Thread-visualboyadvance-m-svn-1097-mfc-info-and-download

You need to register an account on their site to download the emulator which is absolutely free and what's great is the in game save for this particular game DOES WORK!.... provided you do play on a gamepad :p

4. TheFreakinDuck

TheFreakinDuck Well-Known Member

I actually mostly use a keypad on my NEStopia and Kega Fusion emulators. For Game Boy, Game Boy Advance I use a Logitech Dual Action usb game controller. As for the emulator, yes, I am using Visual Boy Advance. That's really the only one I know of lol. I'll mess around a bit and see what I can see and keep you posted.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

VBA? Drop that old obsolete emulator and get VBA-M which I linked on my previous post.