1. This forum is in read-only mode.

No PS2 roms?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DonCreek, Apr 24, 2008.

1. DonCreek

DonCreek Well-Known Member

well ??? i've just notice that there were no site that allows you to download ps2 roms...
    why?just asking... ???

2. cymaga

cymaga Member

Probably because of the size of the files. PS2 games are 2-4GB in size. This would cause extreme strain on any server hosting them. If they were uploaded here, you would have to wait anywhere from one to three months depending on the game to accumulate enough points to download just one game. I guess it would be an incentive for people to buy points...

3. DonCreek

that would be nice...yeah why dont they put a ps2 roms for downloads...so that people that loves ps2 were force to buy points ;D...thats a great idea ;D

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Let me ask you this, do you have a Super Deluxe Golden Delicious Mega Wonderful Excellent internet connection? Say you use a 56kbps dial up modem, & there are some who do, like I used to, can you just imagine how long it will take you to download just one PS2 game??

5. DonCreek

are you talking about downloading the 2-4gb.7z size on the net?
    no im not suggesting that...im suggesting it per piece...just like the armored core 2...i've just finished it for 2 hrs...8 parts...150mb...

idonthavethe god-like speed on the net...not if your patient to download that 8 parts game...

6. N3M351S

N3M351S Well-Known Member

how would you go about ripping a ps2 game in the first place?

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

That's the easy part. Uploading and storing is the hard part, due to their size.

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Err, the hard part is paying for the bandwidth bills once it's put up. :p

9. DonCreek

:( ow well i give up on that idea...i've just for that but hey thanks guys...plus to the almighty :D

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The newer bigger PS2 games are about 5+Gb if I'm not correct.

11. Darkslabe

Darkslabe Active Member

The Grant Theft Auto series is about 10 GB a disk.

12. extrastuff4c

extrastuff4c New Member

Well, thatd be no problem. New HDD is 1TB, and I'm getting another TB external. Is that the only thing holding sixth gen ISOs back?

13. DonCreek

Maybe but for a 1TB... :eek:
    TB!!!! :eek: youre not joking are you?well may be that will solve the problem...(only if you can afford it :-\ )

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

We have 1TB of disk in the server, (2TB actually, but 1TB usable) and most of it is taken up by NDS and PSX.

15. DonCreek

why dont you try to upload one game?...just for a trial... :-\

16. Seph

And exactly how fast are those harddisk? Try looking up a 15,000 RPM SCSI disk, that's how much our harddisks costs.
    But really, it's mainly the bandwidth usage we have to mind. And we also have to consider how Sony will react since PS2 games still sell a bit.

17. N3M351S

N3M351S Well-Known Member

If you need any money I can help, about £1,000 or $ watever your currency is. :-\ i will give.

18. Crashtehelf

Crashtehelf Well-Known Member

You still have to think of the potential lawsuit IF PS2 ISOs are uploaded. Possibly from the game's Developer, Publisher, and Sony themselves. Do you really want to see RomUlation down again?

19. Seph

Do you realize £1,000 is close to $2,500? We couldn't possibly accept that kind of money.

20. I actually ripped a ps2 game...and the file size was only 530 megabytes (give or take a few MB)