1. This forum is in read-only mode.

No more Guitar/DJ Hero?!

Discussion in 'General News' started by Lea-Gamer, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Lea-Gamer

Lea-Gamer Well-Known Member

I was reading the newspaper (herald sun) and came across an article called "No more heroes". It says that due to decline in both Guitar/DJ hero sales, Activision will no longer make any new games of these series. Oh, and that means once new song arrivals in the stores stop, that will be it forever.

This is a real shame. I love playing guitar hero (not so much DJ hero), I've been having lots of fun with the latest GH, but I was hoping I could add more to my collection of games.

According to the article, Activision blames people shying away from the music genre of games and sticking with Ipod/phone/pad and online games such as those on facebook. This makes me regret getting an ipod for Xmas even more (even if I didn't want it in the first place).

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Many game sites have explained about this.

Activision have milked this series dry, if fans want it back they hard, they can pitition...but what else can they add to this?

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

And Audiosurf will live.

4. Lea-Gamer

Lea-Gamer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess so. Though powers were cool, doing all by yourself felt better. Oh well, it had a good run, with ups and downs.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Although metalica was cool it started getting dull after 3.

Nah, Frets on fire :3

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Guitar Hero has been steadily declining in quality. Guitar Hero 3 got it freaking perfect. Then they went and broke it all with World Tour and never fixed it again. It is Activision though, so once the series took off, they were only in it for the massive amounts of money it was making. Then Rock Band released.

A game series that not only rivaled, but completely mastered the concept that Guitar Hero was based around along with adding to it put a nail in the coffin. Then you add the fact that Rock Band only releases major improvements with track packs and a huge download shop for songs. In the mean time, we have another Guitar Hero game every three months, a lot of the time for bands nobody even listens to anymore.

You can't not offer innovation and continue to expect your series to sell. Once World Tour hit, the series really did just become one giant track pack declining in quality from game to game. Whenever I have the choice when at a friend's house, we collectively choose Rock Band for the better made content, the better music selection, and the overall, better experience.

If you want to keep making money, innovate to some degree. When you don't, especially in the music/rhythm game genre. You lose fans. You lost customers. You lose a reason to make the game.

Just to mention, there is just no future GH game planned at the moment. If they feel it is worth it, Acitivision has already mentioned they may make a new GH game next year. As of now though, there are no plans to produce even one in 2011.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

They should of made this series a one year per update sorta thing.

They exasusted their artist pool, I only liked guitar hero better because the bands I like...disturbed, korn, metallica, killswitch engage...

I can't stand AC/DC and crap like that.

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

And nothing of value was lost.

9. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're alot more games like GH, if that's what you mean.
    Rock Band?

10. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Hang yourself. That's the stupidest thing you've ever said.

As for GH, all they need is one game and song market updates. They were releasing the same game, with different line ups, time after time and people were stupid enough to buy it.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I have an opinion nex :3

And I agree with your idea!

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well said.

I will not be missing this series. They milked it dry long ago. And I'm glad I never bought or even really cared about those games.

All those people telling me that I should play Guitar Hero. They are crying now.

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

At least they know when to stop, unlike nintendo and pokemon. That series should have died over 8 years ago.

14. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Doesn't really matter how much ridicule you get when you're rolling in the cash... and they're still doing so.

15. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

The concept of adding new pokemon is stupid but still enjoyable. And the new features make it a worth wile game to play.

16. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

It's far worse with yu-gi-oh. They don't really have that many games, but the whole series is just a giant joke now and the animators suck.

17. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Meh, I never played Guitar Hero or any similar games..

I disagree though about series ending prematurely.
    Sure, Pokemon is milked dry now, but the games are consistently having massive sales (for the most part). I see no reason why they would want to stop producing Pokemon games.
    I guarantee you that the fortunes made drown out any "It was better long ago/it should stop" arguments (regardless of how true said arguments may or may not be).

18. ShinChanfan

ShinChanfan Well-Known Member

I played Guitar Hero, 1, 2, and 3. Then I saw Rock Band. Played it.

Then I saw world tour and was like -.-

Good riddance.

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I wish I can agree but people arent totally sick of it...

Infact I guess the success lies in the fact that they only release one major game per year.

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they release pokemon games two at a time...