1. This forum is in read-only mode.

No memory left..Noob question..!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Humbledoor, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Humbledoor

Humbledoor Member

Can somebody put me right here please. I am having problems putting downloaded games onto my ds flash card (M3 DS Real), it keeps telling me that there is no memory left when I know there is. I purposely deleted old games to make room for them. All have been unrared etc.

Many thanks all

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Backup your data and reformat the SD card.

3. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

Your card is corrupted :p ...

4. Lopz0r

Lopz0r Active Member

Is it a Mac?
    Deleting files from Flashdrives dont delete them, unless you delete and empty trash.

5. Humbledoor

Humbledoor Member

Thanks all! Yes it is a Mac and I always empty trash. Would not have a clue how to reformat the SD card (newbie....sorry!) Corrupted? New card would solve this you think?

6. Lopz0r

Lopz0r Active Member

To format just go on any Windows PC (Didnt work my my parallels) and download Panasonic Formatter (Google it).
    Have you tried EMPTYING TRASH WITH THE SD STILL INSERTED?

7. Humbledoor

Humbledoor Member

Thanks for the help all, much appreciated ! Is there a formatter that will work on a Mac?

Or will I have to find a windows machine to do it?

8. hot-dani

hot-dani Member

Buy new card i suggest

9. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Yeah, or you could try not wasting your money. I'm sorry, I don't know of a mac formatter, but there's no need to waste money on a new microsd. There will be one somewhere.

EDIT: I just googled "microSD mac formatter" and the first result was this. It should be right.

10. Humbledoor

Humbledoor Member

Thanks for the formatting reply......Special thanks to Lopz0r - you were right I needed to empty trash! Should have done that as soon as I saw your reply, everything works fine now - salutations to all :D

11. Lopz0r

Lopz0r Active Member

I knew it, baby.
    I had the same problem. Its how macs work, if you dont empty trash with any memory drive inserted it wont delete the data, even if you move it to trash.
    Have fun :)